SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deanriowa

2008 Results Report

deanriowa
15 years ago

I was wondering how everyones legumes turned out this year?

Here are my results.

Aparagas Bean

This unnammed Aparagas Bean got a late start and then taken over by another plant, I have one single bean growing, I would like try other Aparagas Beans in the future.

Bean - pole - Blauhilde

I received this in a trade and only one seed produced a plant. The production was average, taste good, but I loved the color, this would make it easy to pick. We try again sometime.

Bean - bush - Blue lake

I received this in a trade labeled as a Pole bean, it ended up being a bush. Very good flavor, and average production. I will be growing this again, but probably buy the pole bean version.

Bean - bush - Cherokee Wax

I love these beans, they were very productive, very good flavor and easy to identify to pick. I will definitely be growing these again next year. I will consider these my workhorse wax beans.

Bean - bush - Contender

Stringless beans, average production, average flavor, really nothing special, probably will not be planting these after I run out of seed. I bought a big bag.

Bean - bush - Golden Rod

Like the Cherokee Wax, I like these beans, they were very productive, very good flavor and easy to identify to pick. I think the Cherokee wax was a little more productive for me, so I probably will not grow these again.

Bean - pole - Kentucky Wonder

Cherokee Wax was the star of the bush beans, Kentucky Wonder was the star of the pole beans. It was very productive and great tasting. I will be growing these for years to come. I think I will make these the standard by which I rate all my beans.

Bean - bush - Kentucky Wonder - 125

I had higher expectations of this bean, as it didn't have the same great fresh flavor as the pole version and was less productive. They also would get stringy faster then it's pole counterpart. I probably will not grow these beans again.

Bean - pole - Neckargold

Like Blauhilde, I received this in a trade and only one seed produced a plant. The production was average, taste good, I liked Cherokee Wax better for a wax bean. I probably will not grow this again.

Bean - bush - Purple Koronis

This was the biggest disappointment of all of my beans. Low production, and stringy. I expected a darker purple bean as well. It looked more like a bush Rattlesnake bean to me. Definitely will not grow again.

Bean - pole - Rattlesnake

This is the bean I had the highest expectations in the beginning of the season. It started off great and the flavor of the first couple beans was great and then I killed most of the plants. I want to try these again.

Dean

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery