SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flower_frenzy

H. "Dalton's Pick"

flower_frenzy
10 years ago

Does anyone grow this one? I thought I'd lost mine, but now this tiny guy is coming up in the proximity of where Dalton used to be. My grown up one was a lot more bumpy and textured, which is why I'm confused. Does this one get its texture later in life, but is smooth as a baby? Any insight would be appreciated!

Comments (3)

• Steve Massachusetts
    10 years ago

Young plants often do not look like mature plants. This is especially true with rugosity on the leaves. So the bumpy texture and substance of young plants often increases with age.

Give it more time and then compare it with the pics on the Library. This plant isn't common in the trade. Where did you get it from?

Steve

• mctavish6
    10 years ago

Love this one. It seems the more sun the better. I moved it from part sun to nearly all day sun last year. It became brighter and grew more. Here it is with Brother Stefan on June 8 this year.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Steve- I either bought it from Naylor Creek or Sebright Gardens (can't remember which), but neither of them have it it listed for sale this year. I did find it at Jim's Hostas for $22.

McTavish- Beautiful pics, thank you for posting them. That's what mine used to look like until my naughty dog tore it to shreds. (I love her, but she can be a garden terror sometimes. She ate two of my echinaceas as well! grrrrr!) I'm hoping there were a bit of roots left in the ground and this is Dalton coming up again. I guess only time will tell. Maybe I'll move him into more sun to speed up the growth.

This post was edited by flower-frenzy on Fri, Jun 21, 13 at 13:26

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio