SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirt_tracker

WallyWorld shoplight overdrive-able??

I'm wanting to overdrive a fluorescent shoplight I picked up at WallyWorld, and I think it's a "do-able" ballast. But, being a complete idio...., er newbie, I'd like some of you experienced folks to voice your opinion on it. :^)

I "think" it's a rapid start from what I can tell by looking at the diagrams online differentiating between the rapid and instant starts.

Rather than blue wires, this one has black wires. Here's a shot of the ballast...

The powersource wires come in from the righthand side (two white lamp wires).

To each of the lamp pin receptacles closest to the ballast goes a red wire and a black wire which you can see paired up on either side of the powersource wires. I figure to simply tie red-to-red and black-to-black on one of the lamp receptacles.

Going to the other end of the lamp assembly are yellow, black, and red wires which you can see on the lefthand side of the picture. I'm figuring on tieing the black and red wires to one pin and the yellow wire to the other pin.

Here's a shot of the "ballast end" of the lamp fixture.

What I figure on doing is simply taking the ballast end out of the other fixture and have two "ballast ends" on the fixture. Bring the power cords up above the lamp fixture and join them at a 3-way plug adapter and then into the timer.

Here's a shot of the label on the ballast container.

Writing on the pcb itself is:

E199273

PRF-1

9rV-0

I also picked up a couple of GE EcoLux daylight 40, 3050 lumens, 6500k.

I'm primarily interested in germinating and growing to transplant size tomatoes, broccoli, etc.,..

So...what's the verdict, doc? Think it'll work for growing seedlings????

Thanks for the help!

Ed

Comments (21)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH