SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmonkey

Eating lily buds and stems. What can i do to stop critters?

kmonkey
9 years ago

I have many different kinds of lilies. I have asiatic lilies that seem to get eaten by a critter. These are large lily bulbs that were marketed as "lily tree" - i moved to new house that is near a lot of critters. I doubt it is deer based on location of plants. (I took a lot of my favorite plants with me before i moved) How can i stop this?
I also noticed that something has "dead-headed" all of my shasta daisies, coneflowers, asiatic lilies and something is digging around the roots of my daylilies as well. Whatever it is also ate through one of my shrub roots and killed the entire shrub that has been there 15 years.

I believe there is a groundhog burrowing tunnels throughout my front and backyard. I called the trapper but he is backed up by almost 3 weeks. He suggested putting out juicy fruit gum but all the gum is gone or has ants crawling all over but the damage was done again last night. I noticed many new "holes" dug next to coneflower and daylily plants.

I read that i can try to put out rags soaked in ammonia or crush garlic around plants but how do i get the groundhog to move?!

Help!!!

Comments (3)