SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
veriria

Watering Plants While Away?

veriria
12 years ago

So I am very curious -- and of course, such knowledge shall come in handy should I ever venture forth on a holiday -- about how some other indoor gardeners water their plants? Of course by this I mean when you are gone for long periods of time, and there is no one available to come house and/or plant-sit?

I also want to try some things out for normal every-day watering as well, since I am not home for up to three days at a time for work, and my husband also works a lot since he owns his own business.

I started trying to find solutions to this problem mainly because buds and the lower level leaves of my pepper plants have been turning yellow, drying up, and falling off of my plants in the last few days. I have already found solutions to this problem - I'm going to be purchasing some Epsom salts tomorrow to try to get more Magnesium to my plants, as well as closing the vents to the room my shelf is set up in to keep the temperature more consistent, and fertilize less.

ANYHOO, hydro- and aqua-ponics are out of the question at this point...I don't have the room and I don't know how my husband would react to that idea anyways *laughs* however any commercially available products -- or jury-rigged ideas -- are very welcome, and thanks in advance!

Comments (6)