SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisyjoy5

Is it too late to start over?

daisyjoy5
9 years ago

This is my first year ever growing beans. I planted three types of beans on 04/24 - two types of pole beans and one bush bean. None of the bush beans have come up at all, and a lot of the pole beans did but were eaten or just didn't grow. I'm not really sure where I went wrong, since when they first sprouted it looked like it was going to go well. But now I only have about 5 or 6 plants growing on the trellis.

I live in NW GA - seeing as it's already June, I was wondering if it would be too late to try and plant more in the spaces that didn't produce. I'm really not sure how many beans I'll get out of those few that are growing, and I hope it's at least enough for a dinner!

I'd really like to try the bush beans again but I'm worried it's too late to start at this point. Same for the pole beans. I have seeds left over still. Should I just deal with what I have? I can't seem to find out how long it takes from sowing to harvesting.

I'm really regretting thinning my early risers out now - I planted every 3" and thinned to 6" but then lost over half of that. So sad.

Last question, and it's possibly a stupid one, but is there a way to speed up the process if I *do* plant more seeds now?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice!

Comments (4)

Sponsored