SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gogojuice_gw

My plants are wilting under my lights..any advice?

GoGoJuice
13 years ago

I'm really really new to this.

Tried reading as much as I can.

I have started my seeds. blue fescue grass, frosted curls and dusty millers. The frosted curls didn't come up after the 14 days. Think I may have planted them to deep. Is there any point waiting any longer. They are under the plastic jiffy tray on a heating pad?

The other two have germinated and are about 3 inches tall. I realized I needed some lights since they are in the basement and have puy them under 2xT8's 34 watts. I have lowered the lights to approx 2 cm above the plants. I'm wondering if I have them too close.

Should I have taken off the plastic dome in the tray now that there germinated?

Today I notice that the grass seems to be wilting. I think a couple of the strands may be touching the lights. The lights don't seem to be hot and I don't believe that I have over watered the plants.

Any suggestions?

As a side not.. I notice on the back of the seed packets that it says 7-14 days to germinate. However.. My last frost date is approx may 26, How can I figure out when to plant them so that they are in full bloom and ready to go by that date? I plan to move them to my green house in the middle of April

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH