SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brandys_garden

A question about HVX and a couple of my hostas

brandys_garden
9 years ago

I am convinced that Bressingham Blue is showing signs of HVX... So I moved it so it does not touch any of my others now. Ed (the hosta guy) told me that Bressingham Blue is immune to HVX and that it could be another virus or something else going on?

I am also concerned about Guacamole. It has just a touch of mottling on one leaf. Ed said that Guacamole is not immune but has a very slim chance of HVX. And a touch of mottling can be normal and is probably nothing. He said it could be a variety of things, fertilizer or some kind of chemical or cleaner that was sprayed while I was cleaning might have blown onto that leaf. He said he doesn't believe Guacamole is in any danger.

Is this all accurate? I'll post pics of both when I can. I just don't want to trash them (especially not Guacamole because it's gorgeous) without being certain. We did try the testing strip on Guacamole and it said it does not have HVX but I heard that it doesn't test for ALL strains of HVX. But is Guacamole less susceptible? And is Bressingham Blue immune?

Comments (9)