SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jon_beard89

Absolute Best Road Trip Ever

Jon 6a SE MA
9 years ago

On a whim I decided to take a trip to Sylvan's Nursery In Westport MA. Perfect day for a ride in the country past where the old Children's Museum used to be that I loved as a kid. Down a little further to Zig Zag Road where I can remember standing in the back of Dad's 49 Hudson Hornet and Dad would gun it as we zigged and zagged through the curves and Mom would calmly say 'Now slow down Ernie' as us four kids screamed with delight.

OK, almost down to Sylvan's driving through the farmland along river. 77 degrees, window open and I get to Sylvan's . They have 350 acres of greenhouses, every type of plant you can imagine and some real rare trees. They also have livestock farms and processing as well.

I sign in and tell them what I am looking for (mostly wholesale, but they do sell retail) I walk past huge greenhouse after greenhouse down to the hosta row under some trees. I picked out a few hosta and a lady that works there comes over with an electric cart and we loaded up 3 hosta. She asked my name and she said she used to rent an apartment from someone with my name. My mother. She said how wondeful she was, which was no surprise to me.

Paid at the office and continued. I took an alternate root home by Horseneck Beach and went over the causeway to Gooseberry Neck.

Absolutely perfect. Gooseberry had towers during WWII to look for ships and subs. Horseneck State Beach is to the left, out of the picture (Beautiful beach)

OK, came home with

Big Daddy...not very big at all.

T Rex....very big

Blue Umbrellas....very, very big

Here they are lined up down from the Linden Tree

Settled in. What a nice day.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals