SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thisismelissa

Worst year yet....

thisismelissa
12 years ago

Ok, I was excited this year when I saw that many of my hostas have taken their LEAP in growth. But I'll tell ya, this year has been TOUGH!

First, Spring was several weeks late... if that's what you want to call Spring! It's been wet, so that means slugs are gonna be terrible. We usually see them come out by this time, but with the late spring, I don't think they've hit the hostas yet... I have, however, seen holes in my creeping jenny. And the nematodes are surely going to pop their ugliness out rather quickly in late July, just in time for my garden to be on open tours for the MN Hosta Society.

Lots of rain has been good for the hostas, but the 3 hail storms have not. Then, now that the rain has stopped, the wind has been terrible. We'd had so much rain that I hadn't even turned on the irrigation system till 2 days ago.

The Spring has been so windy, it's blown a boat load of those maple helicopters everywhere. Yes, it's been wet and that's contributed to the mess too...

Now, add to that, it's 103 degrees right now. We've not been over 100 for 5 years.

So we've gone from 50 degrees last week to 100 degrees this week. Soaking rain to terrible winds. And the hail.

Ok, it sucks. I'm done belly-achin' for now.

Comments (10)