SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anney_gw

Ordered my new beans from Vermont Bean & Seed

anney
14 years ago

Last year my entire garden was a failure, and for months I lost faith that the weather would ever be friendly again to us gardeners. But I guess hope springs eternal.

Well, and the deer did a terrible number on the few beans that grew and tomatoes, too, contributing to the failure. THIS year I'm ordering at least one motion activated Scarecrow sprinkler to keep the deer and other four-footed critters away. (I don't think this gadget clangs when it sets off.) At the bottom of this post is another demonstration of its efficacy. :-)

The bad year did teach me a valuable lesson though. You always want to keep some beans from any batch you save so you'll have some for the next year in case of a total crop failure.

But fortunately, Vermont Bean & Seed had all the beans and the rest of the veggie seeds I wanted that I don't have, and I ordered them this morning.

I really love that company, maybe because they don't go in for glitz and glamor but have just about any bean you might want, of course with the exception of the "special beans" that our bean mavens here grow!

Here is a link that might be useful: Motion-activated sprinkler

Comments (2)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!