SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hostales

I Want To Make A Hosta Statement

hostaLes
11 years ago

My house faces the street on the North side of the street. I have no trees to shade it in the morning until around mid-day. So virtually all of my hostas can't be seen from the street by people walking or driving by.

I WANT TO MAKE A STATEMENT!

So yesterday I came up with a plan that began several years ago when I planted Sum & Substance to the right of my front stoop. But even this sun tolerant hosta didn't get enough shade and scorched. So it will have to be moved.

I have Sagae to the left of my entrance and it is doing fine. Farther to the left I have more shade and it is here I am planting the Empress Wu I'd bought yesterday. Between it and Sagae will be the new home for sum & Substance next spring when it is just breaking dormancy.

With my 35 foot wide house, Sagae, Sum & Substance and Empress Wu should get peoples attention, eh?

I would be interested to see photos of others soft-scapes that feature very large hostas in a similar way; kind of how a house could be dressed in hostas so that it will make a fashion statement.

Les

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz