SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cziga

Mystery Hosta

cziga
16 years ago

Hi, I'm fairly new here and new to Hostas (I only have 3 so far). Well, 4 now . . . I dug up and moved one of mine (Captain Kirk) earlier this Spring. Captain Kirk is doing well in his new spot, but there is a hosta coming up in the previous spot. I guess I didn't get all the roots out. The thing is, it is a different Hosta . . . not Captain Kirk. Different colouring. I'd post a picture but I don't have a digital camera. I'm wondering if anyone could help me identify it without a photo? I know its hard this way :(

So far, Hosta is about the same size as Captain Kirk, same size leaves as well but younger with fewer eyes. Colouring is medium/dark green leaves with a lighter green (fairly thin) rim around the outside of the leaves (wheras Cpt Kirk has dark green rim around outside of leaves and the centers are gold/light green colour). Look very similar to "June" (or at least the pictures I see online) except the colours are reversed? Does anyone have any ideas what it could be, I don't even know how it ended up there . . .

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling