SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krystenleigh

Identification and selling question

krystenleigh
15 years ago

I have a Hydrangea (or a few of them clumped together) that is very large. It stands over 6 feet tall and is about 12 feet across. It blooms white, then turns green and dries brown on the stem. I have thus far been unable to identify the specific name of it.

I have been having a blast over the past two weeks cutting and drying the stems. When they were dried, I dyed them with Rit dye and they dried a very pretty color. They're gorgeous. We have a local home tour and I plan to sell them dried, and I'm going to try to make wreaths out of them. Does anybody have an idea of what I should sell them for? You can buy fresh-cut hydrangeas here at the market for $1 per stem, and I'm not sure whether dried is worth more or less?

I keep picking them, because they're starting to dry out on the bush and I won't be able to do anything with them once they turn brown. So, I have about six buckets full of them drying and I haven't even begun to put a dent in the amount of flowers on the bush. I'm not sure what else I can do with them, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd gladly take them.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
River Mill Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Delaware County's Customer Focused General Contractor