SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yama_gw

Three sets of Trinity( sanson seki ) stones

yama
19 years ago

Hi All

Final I could find name of all Buddh's name of trinity.

The first two set of Buddhs was very easy to find. Mr Katsuo Saito's book, Dr keiji Uehahara's book, and many Japananese garden books tell us those trity's name except

Dainich nyorai ( sanskrit/ vairocana buddha) is also called Birushana butus. Korian name is pirojana-bul , English name is Buddha of cosmic Energy.

I have asked two Japanese monks in the past, But they did not know it. with help of David,and Korean Buddhism book,

I finaly find it !

1) shaka san(3)zon :

shakyamuni is center , right is Yakushi nyorai, left is Amida nyorai. Amida nyorai is center of west jodo/ Heven of west. Yakushi nryorai is main Buddha of Heaven of East .

when we see Shakya muni and two Buhhas , We are faceing south, there for Amida nyorai is standing west side , Yakushi nyorai is standing east side.

2) Amida san(3)zon.

Amida nyurai is center, (Amitabha). Right is Kannon Botastu ( Kr= kwanseum posal) English = compassion Budhisattva

Left is Seishi Bosatus, Bosatsu mean Buddhisttva, I have to find name of Seishi Boasatsu in sanskrit and English for you . ( Name of Kannon Bosatsu have two names. one is kannon Botasu, other is kanzeon Bosatsu. both are very old tanslation of sutra. about 1300yr old and 1600yr )

3) Danichi Nyorai san(3) zon

Dainichi nyorai is center . on right, Monju Bosatsu (SansKrit= Manjuri Bodhisattva English= Bodhisattva of wisdom )

on left Fugen bosatus ( sanskrit= Samanbhadhadra, Korean= pohyun posal ) Fugen bostau have few other names

Shinnyo-Kongo, Issai bydokennyo Nyorai, Nyoi Kongo.( by Shingo shu sect )

To find name of trinity of Dainich Nyorai took me more than year and half . past two years , I picked and purchesed

nearly 100 Buddhism books randomly.( most are Japanese book some English)

and could not find it.

I borrowed a book from Korean temple " What is korean buddhism ? " finaly I found answer I have been looking for in that book. I am leraning many things from this book.

There are many of other Buddha's name , gurdian gods . dragon god's names show in Japanese garden stone setting instraction.

some day I can find all of those Buddhs name in English, Sanskrit and Chinese. I do not have "right Book and/or dictionaly yet, so that take me a for a while to find those Buddha's name in different language.

If you know any good book about it Please inform me .

................................................mike

Comments (18)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional