SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arcy_gw

I am DONE buying immature hosta!!

arcy_gw
14 years ago

Earlier I posted: "I was shopping the other day and found some new yellow/green variegated specimens that really caught my eye. Above each plant there was a picture of it, mature. One could see the similarity but the differences were greater! Add this to the discussions on how many hosta look so much alike, and the threat of a virus, I walked away with out anything. I got some mail order prizes a few years back. At the time they were too small to know anything about them. Now as I look at them and compare them to the library I am still not so sure I got what I paid for. As they mature they change..." Yesterday I noticed an odd looking hosta in my garden. I red the tag "Midas Touch" that came with the shipment (mentioned above) today I looked it up on Hosta Library. UGH!! it is so not Midas Touch!! The leaves are a sick green color, they are not heart shaped or spade shaped, they are not veined. They are sort of spear shaped, but bent. It is three years old now and looking like it will be a smaller hosta not the large one Midas Touch would be. WHAT THE HECK do I have and is there any hope this thing will get better looking?

Comments (10)