SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ostrich0001

Oh my goodness, look what happened to my hydrangea bed!!!

ostrich
15 years ago

I created this hydrangea bed last fall, and then planted some "Bowl of Beauty" peonies in the center, hoping that they would add some much needed colors (pink and yellow) to the mostly white (and pink) hydrangea bed... but guess what happened? The peonies bloomed for the first time yesterday, and they turned out to be WHITE!!! The nursery where I got them from was very reputable, and they were willing to give me a store credit for this mistake, but then what do I do to the bed now? Do you think that these white peonies look OK there? Or would that be too much white in the bed? I am reluctant to remove them as they have been growing vigorously and they are very pretty! Just too much white though... or is it?

Please note that next to the peonies, I have just planted an Heirloom rose, which has large and fragrant mauve flowers. Obviously it is still very small, but it will get much larger. I love how they look against the white peonies.

You will also see the Quick Fire in the foreground of the photo, and then the Pinky Winky in the background. Little Lamb is to the right of the rose, but you may not see it there. To the far left is a Limelight, which you don't see in this photo.

BTW, how do you like that Sambucus Black Lace in this hydrangea bed? After 2 years now, it is finally taking off and is growing like crazy! I LOVE IT!

P.S. I HATE the residual foliage of those daffodils next to my peonies! I am going to remove them soon...

Comments (27)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional