SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hydrangeasnohio

Invincibelle & Incrediball is anyone else not impressed by them??

hydrangeasnohio
13 years ago

So far what I have seen of both of these Hydrangeas in the nurseries has been very underwhelming. I went to pick up a Incrediball today. I had my local nursery contact me when they came in. I just couldn't bring myself to buy one. They were so floppy! They had Annabelles that looked 10 times better for half the price! Plus the didn't even have buds yet and they were floppy already.

Maybe they are just floppy from the growers and they will come into their own, but I just couldn't do it. Again this is the first time I have seen the Incrediball. They had two sizes what they call a 1.5 gallon and 3 gallon. Both sizes looked terrible in my opinion.

Now I have seen the Invicibelle at many different places so far this year. I saw one in a high end nursery in bloom about a weak ago and the color was less than attractive for me. Almost like a dirty pink color and were flopping everywhere! Along with they looked like very weak growers compared to an Annabelle side by side.

I am not sure if these Hydrangeas are going to live up to the hype. But I have be known to be wrong before...LOL... Hopefully they will get established at hit there grove but I am not willing to spend the big dollars on them this year. When an Annabelle looks so much better in the same size container. I will see what people have to say this year and next before I pick them over other proven Hydrangeas and other shrubs in our area.

More than anything I wanted to rant because I was very excited to get an Incrediball. Plus I would like to hear some others feedback on it. I have only got to see them in person once now and maybe it was just a bad batch! To make myself feel better I picked up a Miss Ruby Butterfly Bush...LOL...

Comments (54)