SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
georgeiii_gw

The Dark Garden: Earth Day

georgeiii
13 years ago

Just something I put up and yes that's a Hydro-TowerMy method doesn't use cirulating water just air.

Comments (49)

• cheri_berry
    13 years ago

I really dig that set up! tell me more about it? Please? :)

• grizzman
    13 years ago

And here I thought it was a big giant hookah.

• Related Discussions

• cheri_berry
    13 years ago

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Maybe it is...would that be a BAD thing? hahaha Clever disguise if it is...

• georgeiii
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You know what that is. it's another interchangable garden by yours truly. Since my method doesn't depend on curlating water I'm pretty much able to design my structures any way I want. People were stopping just to see what everybody else was talking about. Think of it people talking about little old me. That happens so rarely.

• grizzman
    13 years ago

so it's basically a giant plant stand.

• georgeiii
    Original Author
    13 years ago

No, it's actually a Interchangable fully fuctioning Hydroponic garden. Don't you see the little bubbles. People really liked the little bubbles

• grizzman
    13 years ago

each 'pod' gets its own air supply that is not in some way connected to or through the pvc that is holding them. the pvc frame serves no other purpose than to hold the plants.
    If it looks like a plant stand and acts like a plant stand, you know what we call that in the states?

• mikey_2
    13 years ago

What are you going to propagate in here, apart from bubbles?

• georgeiii
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well mikey your a little late to the party this discussion been going on since January. Including pictures of the various plants this methods works with. griz man please call it what ever is important to you. I name what I create and since I create quite a few things it helps to keep them seperate in my mind as well as others.

• mikey_2
    13 years ago

I wasn't here in January so I've indeed lost out - I shall therefore try and imagine what you bubble machine creates...

• cheri_berry
    13 years ago

HAHAHA!!! Georgie, you are very amusing. You show your stuff off, but then avoid all questions about it... interesting...

• georgeiii
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm sorry but what questions didn't I answer. I don't see you asking any? On another thread you asked a question but not here.

• cheri_berry
    13 years ago

I asked you to tell me about it. I know its an interchangeable set up (bcuz you said it was) but how does it work? What's it do?

• georgeiii
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It's a vertical hydroponic garden. My systems don't work on circulating water but air. The Non-nutrient system uses only water and the squrit of fertilizer every three days in the top. One second squirt, no more. That's really all there is to it. Compare that to your post on getting all those measures right. In this Hydro-Tower are Spider plants growing right along side Romaine Lettce.

• cheri_berry
    13 years ago

well that's pretty awesome actually LOL Good luck with that :)

• ethnobotany
    13 years ago

I havn't posted in awhile but for the sake of scrutiny I will post here.

First off I would like to say Kudos on your presentation and everything, looks like you did a great job. Was this some kind of get together at the park for Earth day or something required for a college course?

Secondly is your plant stand in any way unique? I know that your style of feeding the plants is unique (your small squirt every 3 days) but what is unique of this design? This looks like an intricate design but I presume that it is not. I know I would have stopped by and looked if I didn't know a thing about hydroponics (which im guessing is the kind of crowd you were going for) but since I do, theres nothing of real interest here. You should try and make the pvc serve a function, like to mist the plants or to recirculate water throughout the system.

@Mikey: don't feel bad. Georgeiii is notorious for tactful, or maybe non-tactful?, ways of sparking a fire of desire within you to post again. My question to Georgeiii on your behalf is: Could you not be planting something different than that which is in your other posts? How about you tell us what you are growing, I would like to know.

Anyways, neat idea Georgeiii. Keep up the threads. You keep me entertained when reading the forums at least

• doomedjest
    13 years ago

Not to be inflamitory, but calling your growing technique Non-nutrient, is kind-of like calling a Prius a non-gasoline engine. I mean it only uses gas when the batteries are discharged....Right?? Kind-of like only like adding "a squirt" every 3 days?? The fact that you aren't in some form recirculating the water is interesting. However, I worry about your system being able to withstand a thunderstorm, here in PA you would be picking up the pieces come July. I know Grissman had problems with his NFT troughs staying inplace last year. I have had the nylon support lines snap under the full weight of tomatoe plants when nailed with cross winds from a storm. I would hate to see someone copy one of your designs and not think of this. Come July a failure like this will cost you your whole summer crop. In addition, I know in my NFT system the Achilles heel is the pump recirculating the water to all of the plants. A good example of this is that I needed to drive 3 hours roundtrip b/c the damn pump died on me today. Considering that it is only May here and the 5 tomatoe plants I have are already using 2-3 gallons of water per day, I need some way where the resevoir will replenish itself, b/c there is no way I can add that much water per day. Using an air stone/bubbler is only going to make that worse...I know I don't have the time to add water in the morning, at lunch and in the evening. A sturdy system consisting of a flow valve for keeping suficient water in the resevoir, and a pump to supply the nutrient rich water to the plants seems like the winner in my book.

Bryan

• georgeiii
    Original Author
    13 years ago

First let me address the wind problem because I do live on the side of a hill. Just about at the top. This is wind storm ally so it's all ready tested. The weight is evenly distrubeted around the pole. During rain storms the shifting legs would start to dig in the round and become unblanced. I just put plastic lids under them and it's fine. One time I lost a pod. The pole started to swing a little that's all.
    Next thing is I don't think you people read what I post. Really.
    First and foremost you don't have to bother with the ph problem. You don't have to measure or read anything. Not unique be real.
    Two. There's no pumping of water so there's no need for a reserve. All the water the plant needs is in the pod. I can let those pod o nearly dry before I have to water them again. It's a sealed enviroment. Even when the water gets low there's moisture in the air so the roots stay wet. All I have to do is to top it off when I see a pod is low or not depends on how I feel and that can be more than a week. If I was you i'd look into why I'm losing so much water to evaporation.
    Three. The car ain't been built yet to comare with this. Compare how many gallons of water you use in two weeks to my squrits. that's not unique? Somebody else came on here talking about how he only had 25 liters of waste water every two weeks. I don't have any. Zip, nada. When I fertilize I use one, I really want you to understand I use one liter per 32 plants. How much would your system use to feed 32 plants. And it doesn't matter which plants either. 25 liter would feed those 32 for a year. Doesn't anybody go on Photobucket to look at the cross section of plants I present there.
    As for the structue, it's only there to give just that structure. Nor does it matter what structure that is because there's no pumping of water.
    Wheeee I'm just tying away here. One of the plants i've been using in this presentation is the Barbados nut...Bio-fuel. A damn good one too. There's picture of it right here. It's coming along great. I can say with all honesty that I can grow it cheaper here than any farmer in South America or India can. Right out of a bucket. So sorry guy's it's very unique from what their made from to what thay can roduce. And your right I too come on here for the entertanment value.

• bbrush
    13 years ago

hmmm I like this idea, proberbly less or no algae to deal with either? Could also be pretty easy to automate the "squirts". Do you use higher concentrated nutrients, what is the EC? Have you tried running 2 systems side by side one with nutrients and one with a squirt?

I personally don't waste any water though, my tanks are low and after a week they are almost empty so I just refill them but if any is left over I use it to water my soil plants.

• grizzman
    13 years ago

Like I said. . . Plant stand.

@bbrush;
    georgeiii really has no idea how much nutrition he's giving his plants. you'll notice he's not growing any heavy feeders. several years ago, I grew spider plant and italian parsley in one of those disposable tupperware dishes. Both of them grew wonderfully. I never changed the nutrients. each container held about 3 cups of water and had a air stone in it. I just topped it off with water when it got low. I added nutrients to it whenever the plants showed signs of deficiency. That's a great thing about spider plants; they are easy to read. Later I got my EC meter so then I could just top off with water check the EC and could adjust it without having to wait for the plant to show signs of duress.
    Had I grown tomatoes in the same setup, it would not have worked. the roots would have needed more space than the container had and there would be no room for water / nutrient.
    BTW, my nutrient at that time was a concentrate of miracle grow 15-30-15 and epsom salts.

@ george the third,
    What you're doing is a novel idea, but not unique. you could achieve the same results and be able to test your nutrients if you put forth the effort. Also, why don't you combine your system so they all work together? Why keep each plant independent of the others? a good raft system will have the same result and a lot less wires, chords, or hoses sticking about. Or maybe a raft system sitting on perlite? hmmmm. . . the possibilities are endless.
    Again, as ethno said, not unique but there is nothing wrong with what you're doing so long as you can live with the limitations that technique presents.

Here is an early picture of the system I discussed above:
    {{gwi:1004964}}
    Later I covered the container with black plastic to keep out light. That year I had more parsley than I could eat. I still have some dried in jars for putting on meats and in soups. The picture was taken in 2004.

• georgeiii
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You can say I use the same formula to fertilize all my plants. No, really. I use the same fertilizer for thr Flowering Maple as I do for the Zoonies. I use the same fornula for the pumkins as I do for the Orchids. Are pumpkins heavy enought feeders for you. None of these things your concerning yourself with matters with my methods. none of those limits your methods have apply here. You talk about some parsley and tomatos while I say I GROW EVERYTHING. I didn't studder I said everything. In fact I was going to put the Jack - o -Latern Pumpkins in the first set of Pumpkin Makers today. I'll post pictures of course. Same fertilizer mix. Hey then you can say their just buckets. Look grizz when you start posting for 2010 with your system, I'll do a comparsion with you. You pick what plant you'd be comfortable. Tropical, vegetable or something local. We can start from seed or seedlings. Really, pick one.

• georgeiii
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wait, wait somebody mention alge. Your right some of these planters have been outside for years with no alge. You don't have to flush or clean anything. It's just plain water in the end. Now there's another post called the Hydro-Pail further down the list. That picture is the same plant as above. The very same. That picture is a month old besides. Right now I have to decide whether to prune the crown to increase yeild or just let it grow.

• cheri_berry
    13 years ago

People DO read your posts georgii, but no one wants to respond (accept me sometimes with a question ...or simply a comment so I don't have to keep seeing your post at the top LOL) because you're abrasive sometimes. I don't mean to be rude and I'm not attacking you, but that's the truth. Sometimes you come in here acting like we're all idiots (well...I don't count because I'm new and pretty much an idiot when it comes to this stuff LOL) and you're far superior then us. YOu have unique ideas...that's awesome. But if you were less demeaning to people they might comment more. Being confident is good... but not at the expense of others.
    Just a thought.

• grizzman
    13 years ago

that's cool. show me some tomatoes.
    I'm not saying you can't grow anything in the world, just to what end is limited. anyone could put any plant in a damp paper towel and it would grow for awhile. All I've seen is saplings and small plants.
    Just look at what you posted above. the most leaves any of those have is about half a dozen. And I looked at your photobucket pictures.(well I quit after about 2/3) Dirt in buckets is mostly what I saw. I think that is referred to as "container gardening" I'm not saying it doesn't work, just that it is not something new or revolutionary.
    Don't get me wrong, I think its great you're trying new things and attempting to expand the realm of hydroponic thinking. It's just the I, and many others, see some shortcomings to what you're doing. you poopoo it away like it doesn't matter, you spout off about how what you're doing is so great though you don't provide any real details and then in the next post your bark out not to judge your lack of current success as its "something new I'm trying this year" You can't have it both ways. Either is something new you're still experimenting with, or its the greatest thing ever and you have something to back it up with. Of course there is always the third choice: yep. . . another hydroponic system.
    a couple of things to ponder:
    What percentage of a plant is water?
    Is it likely two identical plants will produce the same volume of fruit if one only has 1/100th as much water available to it as the other?
    That's the juxtapose everyone is telling you and you're not listening to.
    BTW, my tomatoes(beefsteak) are two weeks old and still in 6 packs. I'll post pictures when I transplant them. I also planted some edamame last weekend to put in a system. I've never grown it before so we'll see how it goes. If you care to grow those, that's fine. Post pictures.

• georgeiii
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Cheri I'm sorry. I don't mean to be abusive. I'm a praticing wordsmith so the fingers may type before what others comrehend. There are no details, no secret mix, no hidden devices. Just water and a squrit of fertilizer. if there's a secret it's the wet/dry cycle in the Perilite. There are no more detailed information than that. Edamame, soy beans. Well they sell the raw beans at the local store. I was looking for something a little more trying. haahaaa only 2/3 of the pictures. Well lets see out of about a thousand that's 333 pictures on hydroponics by your own count. So your point is, was, what? That's not enough for you? Well when you start posting pictures other than that simplistic stuff. That was no proof of anything other than plastic holds water. Was that abusive? It's just my style of debate.

• cheri_berry
    13 years ago

LOL not 'abusive'...abrasive...harsh and unfriendly. ;)

• mikey_2
    13 years ago

@Georgiii - thank you for posting a picture of your invention.

I see that you're after a 'grow off' with Grizzman, honestly mate, do you really think that your squirt of general fertilizer will compete with Grizzman's EC/pH adjusted hydroponic nutrients?

Your not going to compete in a tomato grow with him, you'll be left behind.

Yes, good on you for building this; but, know it's limitations and don't boast that your method of growing is superior - you'll just attract more people to denigrate you. It's not what you want, right?

• grizzman
    13 years ago

My point is and was stated in my last post. If you'd bother comprehending what was written as opposed to bleeding ignorance from your fingers, you would've known my point.
    And yes I thought that looking at 667 pictures of your dogs, your orchids, your children with the occasional plant was ample to see you grow via container gardening as I (again) stated in the previous post.
    And from my picture, what were you expecting me to prove? I was simply showing the beginnings of a system that operates just like yours and that I made it 6 years ago.
    If the wet dry cycle of the perlite is so miraculous, why do you have to aerate anything? It sounds like there is yet another contradiction.
    So where are those tomato pictures?
    And if you consider your last post abusive, you might want to stick with tea parties and cupcake socials.
    In the future. try to reply to what I've written instead of asking me to re-post what I wrote two posts earlier. There are at least two question marks in this post if in your eagerness to attack you simply skip to the last line.

• cheri_berry
    13 years ago

lmao oh good grief...

• ethnobotany
    13 years ago

Yeah georgeiii. Show us those tomatoes! Did they even bear fruit? Your invention really isn't great.

You say that your system uses 25 L of water per year right? How much do the plants grow in that time frame? Honestly, how many feet, inches, or in your case probably nanometers? Surely the growth rates are not as good and therefor you just might end up using the same amount of water to grow a fruiting plant as would the conventional hydroponic grower.

It is also interesting that you bring up the biodiesel fuel. Barbados nut may be used as a biofuel... but with your claimed "superior" growth rates and due to the small scale of your barbados garden, heh, well, I don't think you will be getting to even your local supermarket with the yield of fuel you would extract, bud. I can see it now! There goes Georgeiii on his one-time annual car ride down the road to get his fortune read at his fellow wordsmith's mystic shop! Man, if only he would grow with a real hydro system. Maybe then he could make a significant drive with his biodiesel.

All that aside, lets see those tomatoe plants, shall we? Maybe then you will prove your system to be worthwhile. Honestly, most people don't care enough to grow a house plant in a hydroponics system. WE WANT MORE! Show me the veggies!

• cheri_berry
    13 years ago

...I assumed this was strictly for houseplants...?

• georgeiii
    Original Author
    13 years ago

{{gwi:50428}}

Funny you should mention the tea baggers. People in denial. Or, "selective vision" take your pick. You guy's come on here demanding but don't present anything of your own. just like a bagger. Doesn't matter. The tomato's are in their Hydro-Buckets. That I was going to do anyway, it's Spring. Guys this is great fun for me.
    Cheri, this is an interchange system. Where all parts are interchangable. It can be used for vegetables as well as houseplants. That's why the the Barbados nut works so well. And also if yoyu were following the Tropical squad you'd see a root system that's like the Soybean's. It's good sign that they'll grow too.

• cheri_berry
    13 years ago

LOL I thought you meant interchangable like you can plant in a 'pod', then move that whole pod to another base... lol

I do have a question tho... and I'm not trying to be like all attacking or anything, I'm asking seriously as I am still learning. But... from everything I have read and from reading posts from people here, it seems like a plant, especially a largely demanding plant like a tomato, would need more nutrients to produce anything worth producing. I mean, I can grow a tomato plant in just water. it may only have 3 tomatoes on it (tops lol), but it can be done. But the point in growing veggies is for the production...right? So wouldn't it stand to reason that if you're only putting 2 squirts a week (or whatever) on your plants no matter what plants they are (in your own words) it couldn't possibly produce the same production than , let say, Grizzman's plants?
    I think you're onto something, and I for one am interested in the concerving water aspect for sure...but I need food to feed my family too... but I can't see that this is it... just by what I know of growing hydro plants. Can you see what I mean?

• georgeiii
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well let's ask the question a different way. How much material does it take to make a person. Really. Boiled down, dryed out and squezzed thru your finger tips. How much would that be. A two hundred pound person is really 6 pounds of material. All the rest is water. It's the same with plants. In fact I'm over feeding them. See we don't ask how much does the plant need, we force feed them. That's what we use ph for. I don't. I use leaf evaporation. When you make up your nutrient solution and set your roots in your hoping the ph balance is slightly lower in the root than the mix. Problem is as you draw nutrients an imbalance starts creating salts which then affect tuper pressure. Which affects resiration (water)plant chokes and dies. Ever fry Bhot Jolokia in a closed room? or somebody brought up cars. This is fuel inject verus carberator. I just needed a way for the roots to get nutrients without using ph.

• widespreadpanic
    13 years ago

I've definitely learned that if you are going to dabble in hydro, it's best to spend the money to get a meter to reliably test your P.H./E.C.

It seems like a no brainer' and although I can understand why a hobbiest gardener wouldn't want to pay for the expense of a meter, I can't understand why someone building hydro-systems would not.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Greene Tomato

• georgeiii
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You know somebody keeps trying to make this point. While right here on the web are great examples. So many of you missed a simle insect infestation because you couldn't read it on a meter. How long has hydroponics been around. I mean really when a native with feathers in his hair grew hydroponics if he noticed something he just told everybody to piss on the other side of the hut. Common people be real. Now let me ask you something. What do you do with your waste water. How much do you make. I have ten differet Squad systems going on right now and ain't making a drop. Go meter that. And here's what reaally got me smiling. Who's the dabbler here. You go out in your car burning the guts of a 65 million year old dead animal, come back with a car load of stuff drop it on the floor and declare your self an expert. It's no wonder you can't understand.

• widespreadpanic
    13 years ago

You are right about something...I'm the dabbler, I'm new to hydroponics.

I have no hubris or delusions of grandeur. I'm humble, learning all kinds of new stuff everyday.

Seems you skipped the first few critical steps of growing hydroponically by not measuring PH/E.C.
    It's analogous to saying you slept through Hydroponics 101 class and went straight for the P.H.D. in obscurity. Why re-invent the wheel when the wheel has proven to be a success. Don't get me wrong, I think experimentation is cool and rewarding, but you seem to look down on people using traditional approaches. Approaches that are tried and true to produce heaps of fruit/vegetables. It's science.

I use my waste water for my soil grown tomatoes and other soil grown shrubs/flowers/trees. If you want, on my next reservoir change I can put some into a two liter bottle and ship it to you.

"squirt" some of my nutes in your system and see what happens.

• georgeiii
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Now see your trying to "dabble" in wit and it's not working for you. True it's science but it's not your science. It's somebody else's brain your working from. You don't know anything about hydroponics but you can read a stick. See that's wit. Even has good timing as you read it. but people get lost in the wit and miss the whole point of the conversation. I didn't grow up with meters sticks in every super market. We had to invent them. But we had to learn about it first. That's the problem. you don't have to learn about it. You got clay balls, ebb & flow, NRT, all handed to you in easy shink wrap, get the picture? What you haven't got is experience. So please sit down jhonny ram jet cool your engines, you have a question please be free to ask it.

• widespreadpanic
    13 years ago

"You don't know anything about hydroponics but you can read a stick. See that's wit."
    Really? Wit? Where?

As far as science goes, you are correct, hydroponics is not MY science, but neither is the theory that the world is round.

To purposely not use proven methods of science b/c they aren't your invention is worse the being a Luddite. Maybe you shouldn't use air conditioners, refrigerators, etc.

I mean really, you "build" hydroponic systems, but you don't use nutrients/meters? It's plain old silly. Good luck with your 2 liter bubbler/coat rack thingy.

The tomato gauntlet has been thrown to the ground. We'll see how things turn out.

• georgeiii
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The tomato gauntlet? Youy want to be proud of growin a weed? That's all a tomato. What you haven't heard? All they grow on this site is tomatos, letrtce and peppers. So you want to show how... what you can grow tomatos too. No, this is about having a system that doesn't need all of what you need to grow a tomato. How much waste water will you have left ( and I don't care what you sray it on it's still waste water.) How much water will you use to flush your system. How much in shear volume in nutrients will you use. That's the question. Not just another tomato. This is a comparision of how much does it take to make a tomato.

• ethnobotany
    13 years ago

"All they grow on this site is tomatos, letrtce and peppers"

Really? Have you actually looked at all the different forum topics consisting of discussions about growing anything from herbs, trees, shrubs, house plants and vegetables to grass, on Garden Web? If not the you are way too self consumed dude. Take a look at what other people on the site are participating in before you make such a ridiculous claim.

On the contrary, most of us grow those plants but those aren't the only things we grow. Such a remark makes you sound ignorant. Is it true, or is it not, that, you, are part of this site georgeiii? Okay, then you must ONLY grow tomatoes, lettuce, and peppers. RIDICULOUS I KNOW

WE grow those vegies because they are tasty, grow well in hydroponics and yield lots of food for us to eat.

Oh btw Georgeiii widespread is going to kick your ass in this tomato gauntlet!! May the festivities begin!

• grizzman
    13 years ago

georgeiii
    Instead of just adding a "squirt" every day or two, why not add a known amount? Say a teaspoon. That way you know how much nutrient you're using and, if you record how often and how much water you add, you'll be able to document your various plants feeding habits based on your system. I would find that information very informative. By the way, what fertilizer are you using? I don't recall reading on any other thread what it was?

• plant_propagation
    13 years ago

@grizzman-- the way I see georgii's invention, I don't think that there are any fertilizers used, just plain water...which to me is really something new especially with the fact that in order to grow plants no matter what kind of gardening method you use, you will need to use fertilizers, right?...but I think everyone is entitled to do experiments in hydroponics and share it with people...

• ethnobotany
    13 years ago

plant: georgeiii does use nutrients. 1 squirt on top of the perlite every 3 days. Of course you would need nutrients lol. He makes people think that he doesn't use any fertilizers or nutrients but when you finally get him to admit it, he will tell you that he does.

Grizzman: I completely agree. It would be very interesting to see what kind of growth you get from x amount of nutrients. The minute amount which georgeiii uses may be able to give some really neat and applicable information about the amount of nutrients one needs. Unfortunately we have no idea what amount he uses...

• georgeiii
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Excuse me but aren't one of you, are aren't any of you growing some tomato's or something rather that trying to find out what you don't believe in. To say to you've been ungracious to me is quite the understatement. You couldn't show your (*) to me enough. Then you have the gaul, the nerve to whine to me ssshow us, shoow us. Git back on your side of the table or I'm calling the judges. Oh wait there are no judges...wait there's no table either. Boy it makes you wonder how those brains generate enough power to get them out of bed in the morning.

• cheri_berry
    13 years ago

...you talk a lot of crap for having nothing to say. It's really annoying.

• ethnobotany
    13 years ago

no doubt. What you said there was 5% sense, 95% nonsense. In other words I have nearly no idea what you were trying to say. We were acknowledging that it would be neat for you to actually make your experiment beneficial to yourself AND the community here. Sharing with the site would have been nice of you. Clearly what you just told us all is that you are a really selfish dude who doesn't give a rip about sharing ideas and integrating knowledge. Why are you here again Georgeiii?

I have said it once before but this time you can be sure when I say I will never post on another of your threads again. I have tried a few times to say nice things on them but for some reason you never say anything nice back.

For instance: "First off I would like to say Kudos on your presentation and everything, looks like you did a great job. Was this some kind of get together at the park for Earth day or something required for a college course?"
    -ethnobotany

no sincere reply from you, georgeiii, to my questions nor to the nice remark I made about your invention. Now of course when I (or anyone else) scrutinize you... Then ya respond!

Peace Georgeiii. GL

• widespreadpanic
    13 years ago

He posts here for his own ego purposes.

He is way too flattering of himself/his sickly plants.

No nutrients needed, squirt, squirt.

• grizzman
    13 years ago

I suspect georgeiii was directing that comment toward me. After all it was me who called his glorified plant stand what it was. And I did tell him I didn't believe his 'method' would provide adequate nutrition for appreciable hydroponic gardening. I still don't. I did request he post tomato picture, which he did. Of course the pictures didn't really provide any insight into his methods, but that is my fault for not asking him. I did suggest he could perform his 'experiment' in a manner that would allow for something to be learned from it. But please georgeiii, don't take that to mean I agree with the ingenius of your method. But just because I don't agree with your claims doesn't mean I don't think something can't be learned from it.
    Maybe you could take a little something away from this. Maybe instead of belittling the entire community here who doesn't agree with you, you could try to take a little something from here and expand on what you're doing.
    It's just an idea.