SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
putchika

Black widow?Still have heeby jeebies!!!

putchika
19 years ago

This evening I was doing some yucky yard work. Raking leaves-moving stones-messing with the compost etc. It was getting late and I was tired but I was on a serious roll and just kept huffing these big rocks (we have them all through our yard) over to our new chiminea. Thank god I had gloves on. I was barefoot but my husband threw down a pair of flip-flops LOL.

I propped this rock on my shoulder and out of the corner of my eye I see this movement and there she was..black widow(I think)! It freaked me out SO bad that I tossed the rock down and in the process smooshed her a little bit that she wasn't moving. I screamed SO loud. I hate spiders. Give me a snake any day over a spider. Well, my husband took her on a stick and she had the hourglass on her underbelly but she also had several red spots on her top. She was shiny black and big! Maybe a male widow or is this common? Well, I just knew I had gotten bit but I didn't and I am fine. Sombody upstairs telling me go inside-you've done enough!! LOL I ran in took a shower and have been suffering with the heeby jeebies all night! Decided to get on here and see what info I could find! Wear your gloves everyone! Oh-and if your huffing rocks that are in the ground a tank top is probably not the best shirt selection for the task! LOL When will I learn?

Tonia : )

Comments (9)