SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunseeker1001

Aeroponics exotic fruit set up, need expert help

sunseeker1001
14 years ago

Im new to aeroponics and I am having a little bit of difficulty in finding a variatey of web sites that carry aeroponic supplies such as jets and high pressure pumps. I could only find 2 web sites and the pump were pricey,but I need pumps that will do 75-100 psi.

Let me explain what I want to do and then maybe you can help me figure out what I need

I am growing miricale fruit in 5 gallon buckets I want to put a 50 micron jet in each bucket and I need to figure out how much hose to each jet and how many jets I can run off of 1 pump so that I will know exactly how many pumps I will need. I am going to start off with 4 5 gallon buckets with 1 miricale fruit each(miricale fruit is a bush reaching about 10 feet tall) I want to design the buckets so the water that falls off the roots into the bottom of the bucket flows back to a filtration system and back into a resivor to start the whole process over again. My question is tho, If I do reverse osmosis filtration back to the resivor, how often will I need to keep up on my nutrient adding to the water cycle? each jet uses 0.04 oz of water per second, so after figuring what my cycle time is for duration on each jet, I can add those numbers together, figure out how much water each day it will consume and base my resivore and water filtration tank size off of that?

Comments (15)