SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunshine45_gw

oh dear! skunk under cement pool area

sunshine45
13 years ago

There's a skunk that has enlarged a chipmunk hole (and evicted the chipmunks!) right under the cement of my inground pool area. This happened a last year on the side of the pool (there's a long skunk-fight drama with bumbling local cops that goes along THAT hole. . .Needless, to say, after fighting with and killing its babies, it left the area and we filled the hole.), but this time, it's right at the steps.

I actually was walking above the hole late last evening when it started to come out (I put plastic bags or fabric in the hole when s/he's in there, so then when she's out, the bag or cloth is out, too). The bag started to rustle as I stood over it. Yikes.

Have tried fox urine, coyote urine, a dish soap/castor oil spray I found on an earlier thread at Gardenweb, moth balls (yes, then I read about their carcinogenic nature on another thread and I fished them out), the radio, ammonia. Have covered the hole with a rock when the skunk is away. . .it just digs another hole.

Am not comfortable moving a live trapped animal in my vehicle, though I have read that people do this. Also don't want to hurt or poison the animal. I think it has other burrows nearby. I wish it would move to those!

Can't enjoy the pool in the evening or even do yard work because we don't want to startle the skunk.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA