SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kentstar_gw

Question about Risky Business Hosta

kentstar
12 years ago

I had planted two of these Risky Business last spring. One in the big 16 inch pot and one in the ground. The one in the ground is in part shade in spring with more shade as the trees leaf out. The one in the pot I kept in my unheated shed all winter. It sits in my front yard which faces west and gets part sun most of the day with a little more sun in the afternoons. I keep them well watered now too.

The problem is both are VERY small. I bought them from a reputable online source which claimed that they were "from mature divisions." They came with very small roots and only one eye! And they STILL have just one eye this year!

Do I need to lift and replant higher? Wait another year or two? I have read that Risky Business is supposed to be a fast grower, but I'm not seeing it. How can I invigorate it to grow better? The one in the ground is planted in mostly silty loam and has added compost from fall. The one in the pot was planted in a mix of Miracle Grow potting MIX, perlite, vermiculite, and pine fines. What am I doing wrong? btw: both have just two leavess about an inch long right now

Thanks

kentstar

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz