SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lionessrose

Hello Idaho!! Any Rose Gardeners

17 years ago

Found this thread researching my frost dates via Google. I live approx. 15 miles South of Pocatello, Idaho. Is it me or has the weather been really odd this past year?? I had frost early in September of last year... And the weather this past 2 weeks has been odd too. Went from below freezing temps 2 weeks ago with a couple of snow showers nearing the end of last week and now day time temps are hitting the upper 50's ... not good, my yard has been in a flood for 2 days due to the snow melting fast and the ground still frozen. Don't remeber this ever happening before. I am trying to be a rose gardener... started my garden 2 years ago. I now have 70 plus roses planted, 30 or so of the 70 are my own, I grew from OP seeds. This is their first winter, not sure how many will make it. I spend most of my time in the Rose forum but would like to find fellow Idaho rose growers. Have several questions and research has lead me wrong a time or 2... like "now" is the time to prune your roses, while they are dormant, early February... spent 3 days pruning and cleaning up the leaves and now have been informed I should not have started pruning yet... too late now, 90% of my babies have been pruned :o( Crossing fingers and sending up prayers they make it and I didn't kill them. On that note I will post a couple of pics of my garden:
THIS IS MAY OF LAST YEAR BEFORE THE MAJOR DIGGING AND PLANTING BEGAN:
{{gwi:997556}}
HERE IT IS LATE AUGUST OF LAST YEAR AFTER MAJOR DIGGING AND PLANTING:
{{gwi:997557}}
{{gwi:997558}}
Can't wait to have it back, I so miss all of the green! Nice to see you Idaho. The Lioness

Comments (18)

Sponsored