SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellyknits

H. Davidcumingii bloomed!

16 years ago

Have been watching the buds on the H. Davidcumingii, well, since I got the lovely little thing. Have noticed them getting a little larger and much more pink. This morning I could see one of the 7 buds just barely opening. Came home this evening and all of the buds were just barely open. Snapped a couple of photo's, went on to other things for about an hour, came back and they were OPEN! I had no idea it happened so quickly! Have added a couple of pics to my photo album.

I would describe the faint scent, but I think Hills was right on with her fairly recent (I think) description.

Also, added a photo of some "stuff" I find on the sheer curtains EVERY afternoon/evening. Initially I thought it might be dirt spraying up when I mist the plant that sits in front of that spot (hoya publicalyx "Bright One"), but have since discovered that's not it. It does look very much like tiny little oblong pieces of dirt and it crumbles like dirt. Best I can figure is whatever it is it really likes when the sun hits the window. It gets all over the leaves of that hoya and the sheers. I'm not seeing anything "alive" and it doesn't seem to be affecting the ivy or the cacti right beside the hoya. Any ideas? A fellow plant enthusiast at work (into landscaping plants) suggested mixing 3 tblspns of Murphy's Oil Soap with a gallon of water and spraying it really well. Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Kelly

Here is a link that might be useful: Kelly's photo album

Comments (12)

Sponsored
River Mill Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Delaware County's Customer Focused General Contractor