SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19735161

Anyone's Hoyas 'Waking Up'? Npw?

User
16 years ago

Hi All,

Am curious, most of my Hoyas are slowing down (just lost the last of a small Globulosa, boo-hoo), but I have a couple that just suddenly woke up.

By "woke up" I mean that they started to throw the kind of new growth one expects to see in Spring. These are both plants living in my bathroom window, that were sluggish all summer long. One came to me labeled as Purpura-fusca (which just looks like a Pubicalyx to me), it just threw a really long vine which it's leafing out quickly.

The other is a Pubicalyx Fresno (a definite ID), which has just started a whole new cluster of leaves.

Am perplexed by this behavior, all the other Hoyas (in other rooms) have slowed in growth considerably, if not completely, yet these 2 in the bathroom are sprouting new growth like nobody's business. I'm certainly surprised at their timing.

Is anybody else having this experience? Just wondering if so, what might account for the seemingly odd timing of new growth. It's just starting to get cold here in NYC, tho' the light is definitely getting less & less & the day length has shortened considerably. TIA

(PG) Karen

Comments (35)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County