SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greedygh0st

Rare Guys can be Nice Guys

greedygh0st
13 years ago

I had a nice conversation with someone the other day about lasiantha and praetorii and one of the things that came up was how, aside from being hard to get ones hands on, neither of these plants are particularly slow-growing or difficult.

So, that made me think it would be interesting to ask you guys:

Do you have any plants in your collection that are on the rare, expensive, or a-little-hard-to-get side that ended up being a breeze once they were in your hot little hands?

I know we've all been in situations where we're paying more than we'd like for a cutting and feel certain we're going to kill it. It might be nice to hear some success stories so we'll have that much more courage when hunting our next elusive prey.

My collection isn't too wildly exotic, but one that comes to mind for me is Hoya megalantha, which was the most I'd paid for a small cutting at that time. It rooted with NO problems and grows like a weed for me. It would've been better for my finances if it had just sulkily perished, because then I probably would've stuck to cheap cuttings thereon...

Comments (8)

Sponsored