SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hummersteve

feeder broke hummers sad and mad

hummersteve
17 years ago

Earlier this year I was away for a day and there had been a severe thunderstorm pass thru with lots of wind , well when I returned I found my feeder still attached to window ,but on its side cracked badly and all the nectar had run out. I live in an area where feeders are not easy to obtain, at least not the kind I like. Well , it took a couple of days to get another one . Meanwhile the hummers would come in and land on the brackett still attached to the window and look in at me like "wheres my food' I had a strawberry shaped feeder on my window which I had for a couple of years , could not find one like it so I was a little nervous if they would accept a different kind. Yes they were at first but not for long. It was like they went into a feeding frenzy and emptied that thing in less than two days. This went on for about a week till I decide to find another feeder for my window . I now have two which works fine for me. Here I have to mention that I had tried to repair the broke feeder with super glue but it was too badly damaged to hold water and that was probably just as well for it might not have been good for the hummers. Does anyone have a similar experience ?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services
More Discussions