SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessiac_3

Hummingbird-Attracting Vine for Shade?

jessiac_3
17 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I am still relatively new to gardening, and I know this season is almost over, but I already have the wheels turning for next year. I saw a hummingbird at a hosta at my office a few weeks ago, and since I live nearby, I decided to attempt to attract them to my appartment balcony next year. I bought a traditional hummingbird feeder (which I'll be returning in favor of the "HumZinger" since I've heard it's much easier to care for, so I'll probably be more diligent about cleaning/refilling it) and am researching plants that I can put in my windowboxes and hanging baskets next growing season.

Our apartment faces North East, and we are on the second floor, with our neighbor's balcony above us, so we don't get much sun except for in the morning. Here's my question: are there any vine plants that attract hummingbirds that I can put along my wall that will tolerate mostly shade? Sometimes the sun reflects off our neighbor's windows as the sun starts to go down, so it might get some more sun that way later in the day.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Jessica

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone
More Discussions