SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saltarello

kentiana/wayetti info

saltarello
15 years ago

What do you guys think about this? I found this page and wondered, because I have kentiana, but am not sure what to call it cause I hear others say its truly a wayetti.

"Hoya kentiana is native to south-east of Asia, the Philippines, India and Burma.

Click for large picture

You can be lucky with finding it on the market in Denmark, where it wrongly is sold under the name Hoya angustifolia.

The growth looks much like H. wayettii (which most of us here in Denmark have bought as H. kentiana).

It has a stalk, which is darker and a little thinner than H. wayettii. The leaves are oblong, but slimmer, felt length wisely and smooth without visible veins. The single leave can be up to 11 cm long and measure about 1,5 cm across. There will often be a dark edge on the leaves dependent on the conditions of the growth.

Many beginners have mistaken it for H. shepherdii, but its leaves are lighter and some less succulent than the leave of H. shepherdii and the flowers are far different.

The flower is hardly distinguishable from H. wayettii, but it is of a lighter color, almost like bubblegum, and the flower stalks are reddish. My H. kentiana has, in spite of several flower stalks, only flowered few times. I think it is due to the fact, that it is hanging a long way into the room and because I have kept it too dry.

Care: Light placing and porous, light soil. It is a Hoya, which is easy to look after and which grows busily. It is also easy to make roots both in water and as cutting in soil."

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions