SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hannnah_gw

blooms on my cutting!

hannnah
13 years ago

hi! This is my first ever post on here though I have been reading since earlier this summer when i got bit with the hoya bug! I have had a hoya kerii and carnosa in my succulent collection for years and loved them but had no idea that they were only the tip of the hoya ice burg! So far in the last few months i have acquired a H. polyneura, H. macrophylla, H. multiflora, H.clandestina, and H. pubicalyx by perusing ebay and plant sales at arboretums and botanical gardens. I am waiting on H. obscura, H. archboldiana (pink), H. wallichii (personal fave) and H. blashernaezii (LOVE) from srq hoyas who is going to ship them all out to me when the Philippines order comes in and from whom i have already acquired a yellow H.heuschkeliana, and H. cilata (r.i.p I'm afraid, over zealous watering!)

I also got three cuttings from Ted Green two months ago which brings me to the reason for my post. It was my first time rooting plants from cuttings (and i thank this forum for lots of insights on how to do it properly) and i was soooo glad that despite my very amateur set up and constant fussing they ALL ROOTED! i was literately dancing when i saw my first roots!! they are H.margaret, H. kaimuki (arch and mac hybrid) and H. archboldiana 4148, i am obviously a bit nuts for the archbold's (think i have more or less sated myself as far as they are concerned.)

Eagerly awaiting new growth on my rooted but still stick like cutting i realized that the bumpy looking shoot forming at the end of my ten inches of archboldiana was a green pendicule! (or umbel? not sure which is correct in this case) Now a few weeks later i have what would look to anyone else like a foot long stick in a container with six big beautiful buds flowing out of the top! time for a picture right? well I have tried to work our how to post them here to no avail so a mental picture for now and perhaps by the time they pop open i will have it down, in the meantime, is this as cool as i think it is? and how do you explain to your fiance what on earth is going on with you and these plants?

Comments (13)

Sponsored