SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eileen44_gardener

Pachyclada Seedlings

eileen44_gardener
12 years ago

Hi Hoya friends... I have to ask this question before I can go to be bed tonight... Sue's pachyclada seeds... I have 4 that successfully germinated (after dropping the carefully, almost surgically, planted seeds, in the container...all the way to the floor)... so 4 is great... 1 is missing its first set of leaves... too much mothering!...ugh... it and the 3 siblings are about 3 glangly, gawky, teenager-ish inches tall!... planted for the 2nd time into the tiny 3oz dixie cups... which if kept moderately moist, get fluffy "mildew"??? on the outside!... they are on a shelf, no drafts, not nosey pets, under a cfl bulb all day long until bedtime.. I keep checking them... mother hens have no idea... perhaps put a tblsp or two of water in around the "stem" when the top seems dry... very very diluted "miracle grow" type basic fertilizer once in a while. I mixed some AV soil w/some perlite and a few very small pebbles to lighten the soil. They were originally planted on 8/26..moved to my new apt with more care than my grandmother's ancient dishes... so.. all that being said.. I fear transplanting again into "dry" dixie cups only to have them get fuzzy in a few days, which will in fact be their 3rd transplantation!.. please someone.. everyone.. what can I do and what can I expect to happen and when can I expect it.. and anything else I forgot to ask... I so want these little babies to make it... the one without leaves.. what is its future? it is still growing tall ... keeping up with the others.. will it eventually get another set of leaves?.. I don't think I could be anymore careful.. but too many transplantings have to take a toll!.. and the risk of ruination!...Help ... thanks... Eileen... newbie in Vermont!...nite nite!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County