SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alyciaadamo

chickens eating buds

alyciaadamo
11 years ago

Hello everyone, I haven't been here in awhile been terribly busy.

So my chickens keep getting out and they are right next to my main Hosta garden. There were some that were coming up quite nicely because of all this heat. But now they pecked them to the ground without any trace of green. Did they kill all my hostas or will they come back up?? My Guacamole was really going to be nice this year I didn't get a chance to count but it had quite a few eyes coming up, it would have been over 5 years old this year-I got it from someone who took 8+ eyes off their older plant. I am not used to dealing with anything eating the entire eye, nibble the edges yes but not gone to the root! There is also a 6 year old Guardian Angel that I am worried they ate the entire crown off, I just want to cry. Luckily the others have not broken ground yet. On my Robert Frost and First Frost and 2 other they ate the eyes but I do see some whit and a tad green wil they come back? I am more worried about my Guacamole as there isn't even any white it looks brown, like it hasn't woken up yet-although I saw the green eyes so I know it had.

Comments (8)