SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenclaws

Peduncle is still there!!

Great news as this is a new one for me and the plant is precious as it was a cutting I got from my Aussie Aunts plant back in W.A. so please forgive all the ??'s below. It looks as though I may be in with a chance to get my very own flowers, the first Hoya flowers I have ever seen! Plus I have a bonus, I've just spotted a second cluster beginning on another vine, AND, another stem is sprouting from the pot with several pink leaves, yippee! The colour is already beginning to show on the first cluster of buds, and they really look promising, I hope they don't drop off/blast like you said may happen.

#1...Does this happen earlier than this stage or can it happen at any stage of bud growth?

#2...Do the flowers last a long while or are they short lived?

#3...How are they for dealing with low temps?

#4...The 5 vines are almost 1m long now and dangling all over the place, could I pinch the end off to promote growth lower down them?

I would like to bring it into the house from the g/h to appreciate it more but now it's doing so well out there, am afraid to move it for fear of loosing buds, it must be happy where it is. It stayed in g/h last winter where it's heated to keep out frost, but it was small last year with just a tight cluster of leaves.

Once again, sorry for the ?'s but am a novice with Hoyas.

Regards, Gill.

Hoya with the 2 peduncles....

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor