SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellielou

Introduction and plant identification

12 years ago

Hello! My name is Kellie. I've been a member of the Gardenweb site forever and over the years have used it many times for reference. I have recently become interested in hoyas after FINALLY getting a bloom on my Krimson Queen. After finding out there are so many different varieties I have been shopping quite a bit!

I've been purchasing the common hoyas that are available here from

home depot. I have, besides the Krimson Queen ( which has turned mostly all green, I don't know why), Princess, Kentiana (I did read that's mislabeled, I can't remember the proper name), compacta, polyneura, and Chelsea. I like them all, but the fishtail would be my least favorite, I don't know why. They have southwest, west and east exposures. I thought it would be fun to have more plants to get me through our long, long Minnesota winters...

I've done many many searches here and most all of my questions have been answered, thank you all! My latest search involves supplemental lighting, lots of good info.

ANYWAY-- I got this hoya from a popular local garden center here. The tag just says "Scented Hoya." From my searching I'm guessing Australis ssp. austrails? I was just interested to see if it could be identified. The leaves are fuzzy, the stems are pretty stiff. It really didn't look that healthy to me, but I finally found something different than the same ones all the time, so I bought it!

This is getting too long! Just thought it would be better to intoduce myself before jumping in. I rarely post, I don't have much to add, but I'm reading the posts, and lurking, or "creeping" as my daughter would say! ;o).

Here is the plant, does anyone have an idea? Thanks! Kellie

Comments (36)

Sponsored