SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alba_gardener

What's the best way to water while on vacation?

alba_gardener
15 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Have been entertaining family who were here from Barcelona, Spain.We had a great time, but I had no time to get on the computer. I have some questions as to what I should do when I leave for Chicago then Nebraska ( will be gone for 2 weeks)I hate leaving my hoyas!!!

Ok here goes.

I bought a Kerri from Gardino's about 3 wwks ago she's doing fine so far. However, the medium it's in has a lot of perlite. Should I change the soil now or wait till I get back? Or, not change it at all. Kerri's like to go dry just like the some of the other hoyas?

Also, I bought what I believe to be Bella ( one of you ladies posted a pic of your Bella and it looked just like mine.) This hoya appears to need a lot more water than the others. Is that about right? I noticed last night that some leaves were falling and some of the other leaves appeared a bit shriveled. I didn't want to over water, but I gave her a good shower anyway. She looks good today.

My Mom is going to come over and water my plants but the house will get really hot. Maybe I should take them to her place and put them outside in a shady place...Or maybe I could just take them all with me!!!! I am so worried about leaving my plants. Isn't that insane? Please make me feel better and tell me I am not ALONE!

Worried Mom of 8 beautiful Hoyas!

alba in Hawthorne,CA

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH