SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimberly_ussher

Interesting aspect of my first camellia bloom...

SaintPFLA
15 years ago

I bought this small camellia bush in March as a suggestion out here on GW of a good option for a memorial planting.

Not sure if you recall, but the first week of December of last year, I lost my 18-year old companion kitty to heart failure and then exactly 4 weeks later, my 8-yr old companion kitty died of intestinal cancer. I didn't even know she had cancer so it was quite a shock. It was a very difficult time and a very sad year for me.

This first anniversary of their passing has been on my mind as it gets closer to the date.

Today, I went out to get the morning paper only to discover one full bloom on my camellia. Just one large bloom.

The odd thing is, this particular Camellia is not supposed to bloom until the spring.

As it is so close to the anniversay of their passing, the bloom makes me smile. I think that this is their way of letting me know that they are still around and know that I miss them.

I wanted to say thank you to everyone out here. Your words were of such comfort as was the understanding that I received from all of you who have lost a beloved pet.

I think this just shows how caring and kind the people are out here on GW. We may squabble on occassion (like most families do...), but our hearts are really in the right place.

Thanks again to all for being there for me with your kindness and empathy at a time when I really needed it. I have not forgotten it and it was a comfort to me in coping with the passing of my companions.

Comments (3)