SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phfurballs

Is this Hoya bella ?

phfurballs
9 years ago

Does H. bella come in a variegated form ? Of a few new hoyas I just acquired, one is labeled Hoya bella, but it doesn't have the all green leaves that I'm familiar with. Up to now, I've only grown the carnosa types, usually the only ones available. I lucked into this plant and a couple of other different ones recently.

This plant's leaves are light greenish yellow with narrow darker green edges. A few leaves show one or two darker green streaks. New stem growth is pale creamy yellow, older stems are green.

Would this form be much harder to grow than the all green one ? I assume it will need more light, but how much more ? Is there anything else, perhaps a bit more humidity ? I use the water changed out from my fish tanks for my plants, and get very good results with it.

Since I'm on the 10th floor of an apartment building, there're no trees to shade the light. I'm on a southwest facing corner, so I have one west, one unobstructed south & one south window with a balcony overhanging it. Which one do you think this plant would like best ?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor