SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
birdsnblooms

New Hoyas from Accents

birdsnblooms
14 years ago

Hey All. The mailman rang the bell Wed, holding 3 boxes..lol..He's funny..his wife loves plants, so he's very careful when I get packages.

What a surprise! I placed an order with Accents a few days ago, so when they arrived, I couldn't believe it.

A couple questions. The Hoyas are in square pots. I prefer round. Should I repot now or wait until next spring?

I'm sure the soil topic has been discussed a zillion times, but if it's no problem anyone have advice.

I normally use, black soil, Sphagnum peat, Perlite, and AV. Is this combo okay?

Here's the plants: Wheewwweee..lol

{{gwi:84917}}

{{gwi:84918}}

I'm sure most of these plants are very basic to you folks, but I fell in love..an prices can't be beat..most average 5.99..Toni

Comments (41)

• wrynsmom
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hahahah, I don't have ANY of those, Toni!!! Go figure. Lovely plants, though. I would just leave them in the square until they don't fit, anymore . . .then move up to a slightly larger round. :)
    What are the first and last ones pictured? Those are my favorite!

Again, lovely plants,

Carolyn

• birdsnblooms
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Carolyn, wow, you answered fast..Seems I just clicked Submit and there you were...lolol

Let's see, first Hoya is H. Xerosicyos, comman names are, Silver Dollar or Money Vine..
    Last Hoya pic is, H. Imperalis.

Carolyn, like I said, these hoyas are probably considered basic..you're probably wayyy beyond basics..lol..

Yeah, I'll leave them in these pots, then wait until spring, even if pot size is the same..the problem with square pots is, once roots are established, potting from square to round is difficult..a pain in the butt, actually..lol. Thanks...Toni

• Related Discussions

New Hoya from EA?

Q

Comments (5)
    Hey Susan. You know, I really couldn't tell what you have from your description, but as you know, the EA Hoyas aren't very reliably labeled so you could very well have a non-Chelsea. Maybe you could compare what you have to the listings on their website: Exotic Angel Hoyas I'd be happy to send you a cutting or small plant of a plain green carnosa in the spring, if you like. Just send me an email to remind me when it's warm enough.
    ...See More

New hoyas from ebay.

Q

Comments (9)
    I had a link to a site that explained that H latifolia is/has been known by 2 other names, but since it's from a certain website, I cannot provide the link. Instead I will copy and paste that info for your reference.. "David Liddle has confirmed that this IML 88 IS H. latifolia. These leaves can become HUGE (close to 9" x 9") and they must weigh up to a lb. each. Best to buy this plant when young and start training the vines...as they become thick and stiff and impossible to manipulate. The lightish green leaves with the splotches, venation and the deep red margins are striking!!! This hoya has been sold as H. diversifolia B and then as H. loyceandrewsiana. I like this hoya for the foliage...which is dramatic...sort of H. obovata on steroides. " (Credit goes to a certain grower in Hawaii....)
    ...See More

New Hoya cuttings and Hoya sp Irian Jaya #28

Q

Comments (14)
    Paula I think you may have matched the wrong photo up with the caption. Hoya subquintuplinervis does have thick, rigid and similarly veined leaves to my Hoya sp Sulawesi but it was originally collected in Thailand and my plant is from the large island of Sulawesi which is located off of the eastern shore of Kalamantan on the Island of Borneo and below the Philippine islands which apparently most heavily influence the flora of the Sulawesi. I included a map of South East Asia in case anyone wanted to take a look. It is interesting to look up the locations where many of the unidentified Hoya species were collected, Islands like Ambon, Palawan, Haraku and Molukken. Part of determining the proper name for a species lies in the area of it's origin. Some species have a very large range while others are endemic so even though many Hoyas look alike they may in all reality not be as closely related as they appear. Many of the smaller islands are obviously not included on the map but there are several of the ones I mentioned. Mike Here is a link that might be useful:
    ...See More

New Hoyas to add to my collection due to generosity from the forum

Q

Comments (4)
    Beautiful, healthy plants! Obovata x carnosa AKA "Majic" has been on my wishlist for a while. Great finds! Brad AKA Moonwolf
    ...See More
  • Denise
    14 years ago

I always repot mine as soon as I get them to get them into the mix I prefer. I typically don't like the mix plants come in from nurseries... My mix is coir (2/3) and perlite (1/3).

The first plant is not a Hoya at all, and I'm surprised anyone would sell it as one. It's a succulent - the "x" part of the name is right - Xerosicyos danguyi. I used to grow it, but it got huge and took up too much room. Second one looks like a variegated multiflora - is that correct? Haven't seen that one before. They all look very healthy - can you post a link to this Accent place? Never heard of it. And no, I would call any of them very common. If you got that imperialis and the variegated bella for $5.99, that's CHEAP! Those aren't that easy to come by!

Congrats on a great haul!

Denise in Omaha

• mdahms1979
    14 years ago

Great plants Toni! I think you did very well especially for the price.
    I agree with Denise that the first plant is Xerosicyos danguyi a member of the Cucurbitaceae or gourd/cucumber family.

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Xerosicyos danguyi

• maidinmontana
    14 years ago

Aw Toni, that really sucks that you were mislead. . . I do think it's a nice looking plant tho, and if it was only $5.99 it's still OK, at least it wasn't $15.99. Otherwise they are nice looking, healthy hoyas and I'm sure they will be happy in their new home.

• geosdee
    14 years ago

I might be wrong but I think this is the place that she is talking about. I have thought about it, now I need to relook.
    http://www.accentsforhomeandgarden.com/searchresults.html

Dee

• kellyknits
    14 years ago

Looking at the website it doesn't indicate that Xerosicyos is a hoya. It's listed simply as Xerosicyos. Great selection of plants on the site! I'll definitely be ordering!

Kelly

• Denise
    14 years ago

Toni,

If Dee has the right place, can you tell us what each was sold as? I can't find the names that should match your plants except the lanceolata bella variegated & imperialis. Here's what I think the others look like:

#2 variegated multiflora or javanica (??)
    #3 pubicalyx 'Pink Silver'
    #4 looks the same as #2
    #6 lacunosa 'Sno Caps' (which they seem to call Indonesian)

What are they calling that multiflora-looking one??

Denise in Omaha

• birdsnblooms
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Howdy..First, yes, the nursery is accentsforhomeandgarden.com

I typed in hoya..a bunch of plants come up. The Silver Dollar was mixed in with other hoyas, but it's my fault..I did see the word Xerosicyos..but had NO idea what that meant..So, it's my fault, not the sellers.
    I have seen this plant, or one that looks exactly like it, under Hoya catagory's, at other sites. But I take the blame. READ, READ, and REREAD..lol

Yep, his prices are fantastic and plants healthy..I have to check what the Silver dollar really is..if it's a succulent, that's fine, since I'm into sux too.

Dee, yes, #2 is variegated multiflora.
    He's callinig #2 and 4, H. multiflora variegata..I bought two, they're my favorites, and variegated multifloras are hard to find.

#1 is the Silver Dollar.
    #5 is H. lancilata belle variegata

Dee,, I think that's all you asked about, right?

Kelly, I've been ordering from Accents for years..he ships beautful plants, generous sizes, and inexpensive...But I want to state, the only plants I bought from are tropicals, succulents, Vines, begonias, Geraniums, (Gorgeous geraniums) and now hoyas..don't know how his annuals/perrenials arrive.

Hey Maid, how are you? Don't worry..I love succulents, too, and it's very pretty. :) How've you been?

So, repot or wait? lolol..So far, I got 50/50 advice..lol..In one way I feel I should wait, but another part is saying, 'do it, do it.' lol..Toni

• gabro14
    14 years ago

Toni,

Great plants! I might have to take a look at that place.

About repotting, you definitely can do it with no harm to your plants.

Thanks for posting those pics.

Gabi

• birdsnblooms
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Gabi, are you the same Gabi from 'long ago?' If so, Hello!! Well, hello, if you're not, too..lol

Please read what I said above about perrenials and annuals..

BTW, I had ordered a Fishtail Hoya, too, to add with the one I have..Although it said, in stock, he ran out, so if anyone wants a Fishtail, it'll be about 3 months before he has more.

Gabi, it's great seeing you...Toni

• puglvr1
    14 years ago

Congrats Toni!! Those are some GREAT looking hoyas...sounds like you got a great deal also!!

I've ordered from them before...a campfire Jade they list it as "flaming fire jade". I was happy with my order!

My two cents on the repot is ...I also repot all my hoyas when I get them. I prefer my own mix too that way I know when and how much to water...but its up to you.

Toni, I like your Imperialis and the Var. Multiflora.l Hoya. I got two small cuttings of Imperialis last fall and I've already taken at least two cuttings off this one. Might be while before I get flowers though! BTW, notice the white speckles on the leaf...this is sap from when I banged it up while I was putting the ladder trellis. Not to be mistaken for bugs,lol...just be a little careful if you repot since the leaves seems a little sensitive(to me any ways).

Enjoy!!

• gabro14
    14 years ago

Hey Toni,

Yep...same Gabi :) Great seeing you on the hoya forum too. I stopped going to the houseplant forum awhile ago because I cut down my collection to only hoyas (I got the hoya bug!).

I looked at the website and I wish they had a larger selection because they have such full plants for a great price. Maybe in time they will sell more hoyas.

Hope all is well.
    Gabi

• birdsnblooms
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Pug, is the Hoya shown from a cutting? WOW..that grew fast.
    You guys must give your plants ROIDS..not Aroids, either..lol
    Yep, I'm familar with the white sap..wonder if it's poisonous..do you or anyone know?
    Anyway, Pug, very nice hoya..

Gabi, well, I'll be..you're the second person who's popped in this forum within a week..How've you been?
    You've given up growing other house plants? Really? How did you choose which to keep? lol..It's impossible.. I'm hooked on too many varieties to go with one..Though I agree, Hoyas are fasciating, even when not in flower.

Anyway, 3 more hoyas came in today..lol..All 3 from Ebay, two different sellrs..Strawberry & Cream from Hirts and H. Holliana and H. Polyneyura...

{{gwi:68088}}

There's still 3 more hoyas I want, but they're hard to finid..Maybe one day..lol..

• geosdee
    14 years ago

Hey Toni, what 3 are you still wanting maybe I can help you find them. I love looking for hoya, might find some for myself as well.

Dee

• Mentha
    14 years ago

Toni,
    Xerosicyos is a cucubit, which is realted to cucumbers and mellons, whether it fruits, who knows?

This is mine, It got first place in it's class at our local show. :)

• puglvr1
    14 years ago

Hey Toni,

Yes, that hoya picture I posted is from a single(unrooted) cutting that I received last Nov. After it grew some I cut another piece so I would have two plants in one pot.

Congrats on your other three hoyas...very nice and healthy! You are just as addicted as the rest of us now,lol...

Like Dee asked...what other three hoyas are you looking for. Can I guess one of them? Hoya caudata?

Mentha, Congrats winning first place on your plant!

Toni, here's a pic of the single unrooted cutting when I got(had only 3 leaves)Nov 08

• gabro14
    14 years ago

Toni, it was an easy decision because it was the first plant I ever got (but had no clue it was a hoya!). When I found out what it was I started collecting them. Then I ran out of room for any other types of plants, and...well, the rest is history!

Pug, nice imperialis! I also got one with exactly 3 leaves!! I got the cutting in a trade, and it is now the same size as yours. Strange!

Gabi

• patrick51
    14 years ago

Toni...congrats on your new hoyas!! I'm so happy for you...enjoy! Patrick

• Denise
    14 years ago

Once imperialis gets going, it's quite a heavy and fast grower. It needs quite a bit of support. Mine was slow to start this year but now it's getting huge! I look forward to flowers...

I went ahead and ordered three from this Accents place - the var. multiflora (God help me if it grows like the green one!), the var. bella lanceolata, and the one they have listed as bandaensis (can't find anything about this one, so I'm dying of curiosity!)

Denise in Omaha

• kellyknits
    14 years ago

Denise-
    I was wondering about bandaensis as well. From what I could find it could either be australis or globulusa.
    I ordered as well! Multiflora - (I have the variegated one - this is the one with white edges) and several other plants - non hoyas...
    Kelly

• sberg
    14 years ago

Denise---I believe h. bandaensis is the same as h. globulosa...I just won one on ebay, and doing research I learned that it's very difficult to flower, but when it does flower the scent is described variously as "sweet" "pleasant" "like rotting garbage" and "disgusting" !!! At least it has very pretty leaves :-D

Shelley

• birdsnblooms
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Howdy..
    Dee, Pug got one..Caudata. The others are Parasitica and another Sigillitis..sp. I bought a Sig, but would like another to make more compact.
    I'm a bit confused about Parasitica..On Aleyas website, I think it's his, there are two or three Parasitica varieties..so, I'm unsure which I want..well, all three, but can't let dh know..lol.
    I also want the one, forgot its name, that has the largest foliage..It starts with an 'L'. lol.
    If you find one or all, please let me know..Which are you looking for? I too enjoy hunting for plants..perhaps I'll come across one you're looking for..

Mentha, do you know if Xero is an annual? I sure hope not..I like the way yours is growing..What's on the bottom/above soil? A caudex or rocks? My vision is getting bad, need to see an eye doc soon..Does it flower? Fruits, now that sounds wonderful. Wonder what type of fruit grows off a viney plant? Do you know how large they get? Too many questions..I need to Google..sorry..
    BTW, why did yours win first class? What is it about Xeros that'd make it win an award? I don't mean this in a bad way, Mentha, just curious..But Congrats..

PUG..lol..hoyas and space..oh boy, girl! lol. Anyway, did the cutting come in soil/pot? Darn, wish hoyas would root for me..yours rooted and grew fast, considering it's a hoya..Not even a full year..I scrolled up, cutting to mature plant..Very very nice..Do you root outdoors or in the house?
    Addicted..lol..yes, very much..to be honest, I'm aiming for variegated plants, be it hoyas or succulents..
    You got one of the three Hoyas right..lol..Caudatas ARE beautiful..

Gabi, I don't know if you want to talk about it, but what other types of plants did you have? Did you sell them? I've thought about reducing, but can't choose..it's so hard..Everytime I walk through the house, thinking, which plant/s will go, I come up with 10 reasons why 'x' plant shouldn't.lol..This one is 30 yrs old, that one was started from a seed or cutting..I dont know how you did it, but I give you credit.. Any regrets?

Patrick, thank you..

Denise, I hope you enjoy your new hoyas..I was thinking about getting the Bandaenis, but thought better of it..lol..my cc needs to decrease some..When your hoyas arrive, please post a pic. I'm curious of its looks.
    His plants are wrapped tight..lots of tape. When you remove tape, use sharp scissors. One time while unwinding tape, several leaves broke. Since then I use scissors.. LOL Denise, is your multiflora fast=growing??
    I'm confused about variegated vs white edge, multiflora. I got one w/white edge, but it's not what I expected..I also have a variegated from the same nursery, (not Accents) but unfortunately, the variegated doesn't have much white.

Kelly, mind if I ask which other plants you got? Do you have a pic of your multi with white edge? If so can you post?

Shelly, makes one want to run out and buy h. bandaensis in flower..lol

Thanks everyone..In all the years growing plants, too many to name, lol, I had no idea there were so many hoya varieties..here in IL, if/when a store sells hoyas, they're always the same type..Carnosa, either all green or green, white with pink hues. Every so often, hoya 'hindu rope' 'green' in a 3" pot is sold. HD had one hoya, (little balls?) in a hanging basket..I didnt know it was a hoya until someone on GW posted a pic and coined it hoya..Actually, I thought it might be an Ant Plant, though I've never seen one in person..no, that's not right, how about, in 'plant?' lol

If anyone knows where the 3 hoyas I mentioned are sold please let me know..BTW, I can't afford paying $20 and up for one plant..thanks, Toni

• gabro14
    14 years ago

Toni, I had a bunch of succulents and gave them all away. I also had a jade but it got a bad case of mealies, so I tossed it (it was HUGE). My dracenea marginata (spelling is totally off!) also had tons of mealies, so I tossed that too. The only non-hoya I kept was my spider plant, which I love. I have 2 others at work as well.

No regrets! I need space for my hoyas :)

Gabi

• Mentha
    14 years ago

Toni, I really couldn't tell you what made mine so special, it was my first show, so maybe it was just because I had staged it? Yes those are rocks, and I didn't see any sort of caudex when I repotted it.

I'm going to have to look at your website some more, I found some mints I haven't had yet! WhooHoo!

• birdsnblooms
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Gabi, those DARN mealies! They are one insect I can't rid. Mites and Scale are a breeze compared to mealie bug..
    It'd be so hard ridding my sux..impossible..so again I give you credit..lol

Mentha, first I want to thank you for Pothos..you wouldn't believe its size..I love it!
    What I meant was, was I seeing rocks or a caudex? My eyes are giving me trouble, and since the pic wouldn't expand it was hard to tell..so they are rocks..

Mints? I have mint? lol..Are you talking to me or someone else? Toni

• kellyknits
    14 years ago

Toni-

Just got confirmation that mine were shipped today! In addition to multiflora, I bought Star of David (Lavendar Star), Flame Vine, and Indian Pink.

Which multiflora did you want to see a picture of variegated or white edged?

Kelly

• puglvr1
    14 years ago

Hey Toni,

My cutting didn't come with soil or anything, just one cutting(wrapped in damp paper towel) with three leaves. I placed it in my soil mix and put it in my homemade Hoya Nursery (lots of humidity) watered it once a week or so...sprayed the leaves every day, covered it and added light. I root them in my warm/hot FL room most of the time. After 3-4 weeks I remove it and place the pot in its location and hope for the best.

Gabi, too funny our Imperialis are almost the same size and had the same 3 leaves when you got it.

• maidinmontana
    14 years ago

Toni, you have mail check your e mail here, or where ever you get your mail from form this forum. Nice plants BTW, d

• Denise
    14 years ago

Oh darn. "Globulosa" is one I got from Shoal Creek Succulents in '05 (when they were selling Hoyas), but Carol N. told me it was not globulosa, but a noID. Then, just recently, I got a supposed globulosa from a local guy who's selling off a bunch of his collection (of mostly succulents) and I'm thinking it might be the real thing. It looks almost identical to the one I got from SCS (which doesn't do particularly well for me), but it's leaves are smaller and not pubescent (as are the SCS one...) I guess we'll see when I get it...

But I have to tell you something of interest about this one I got from the local guy. It was in a little 2.5" pot, utterly rootbound. I decided to put it in the semi-hydro lecastones. OMG, this thing sucks up every bit of water I give it - I have to fill the cache pot every single day! I'm anxious to see how it does...

Denise in Omaha

• geosdee
    14 years ago

Toni,

I like you really want a caudata, I also want magnifica and megalaster. But I want so much more, LOL.

Dee

• Mentha
    14 years ago

Toni,
    forgive me, I tend to get in trouble for being vague. I meant the website that you got your hoyas from. They had two pages of mints. They also had scented pelargoniums, two of my first loves. I'm happy the pothos is doing great, I sent one to foxykitten also. I haven't heard any report from her though. I'm surprized my golden pothos has been in full afternoon sun for a week and it hasn't burned a bit!

• birdsnblooms
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Howdy..
    Kelly, I'll have to go to Accents to check both plants. Guess that's one reason botnaical names come in handy, though I confess to using common names most of the time.
    Since you got the confirmation letter, expect the box by Mon or Tues. I believe ordering this time of year is best. One reason, plants are summered in their gh, and have time to grow..Some plants' ordered in early spring, weren't as big/compact.
    Good luck, I hope you get healthy, big plants..
    Oh, if it's not too much trouble, can you post both multifloras? The variegated and white edge..if it's a lot of work, the white edge please..Thanks

Pug, you too make rooting sound sooo easy..lol..Aleya Garden is now selling cuttings. There's a bunch I'd love to get but fear they'll die. Darn. Also, August in Il issn't the best time to root most plants..as for humidity, last year I bought a flat w/dome..it holds a lot of humidity..but no light. And the tray/dome wone fit on shelves w/light..Natural sun won't work as well? I jotted a list of cuttings he has that I'd love, which consists of, I think, all the hoyas he sells..what to do? lol

Maid, I'll check email. I'm 7 pages behind.,.lol..I only hope, if you send an email, it doesn't/didn't come in the trash folder.

Denise, ironic..the old Shoal Creak is the nursery I got Hoya cuttings, tried rooting, but they died, though it's not SC's fault..it's mine. The new SC is located in IL..she too has beautiful plants..mostly sux..does she sell hoyas? I have to revisit her site. She's a wonderful person too..
    BTW, I can't recall if it was you who asked about H. bandaensis. I researched and found Bandaensis is H. globuosa.

Dee, found and bought Caudata on Ebay yeseterday..lol..I also talked to the seller..he has two other hoyas I want, but they're not posted. He's out of town until Tues..when he gets back, we'll go over the other plants.
    Yep, that's the problem we all want, 'so much more.' lolol

Mentha. You'll be exceptionally pleased with the Pelargoniums..I don't know anything about his herbs, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. But all his geraniums/Pels are gorgeous..Vivid reds, etc.
    You sent the Pothos 'aureus joy' to Foxy too..I'll have to ask her how it's doing..I'll post of pic I took yesterday, and some Pels bought at Accents..I planted most in the garden, but soon they'lll go back in pots, over-wintered indoors.. Let us know how they look, post if possible..Thanks, Toni

Pothos 'Mentha joy.' The name I call it..lol

{{gwi:93946}}

{{gwi:93945}}

Mentha, the last pic was taken on 4/1/09 when it arrived..This type grows much faster than other Pothos..Wouldn't you say? Toni

• treelover3
    14 years ago

Nice plants, Toni!

I grew H. globulosa for a long time and finally got rid of it due to it never flowering. The plant was huge, but I want every hoya and I just can't keep those that don't or won't ever flower in my conditions.

I've read that H. globulosa is an eriostemma (don't know if this is true or not?) and so needs really warm conditions year 'round. I can't keep the house at 75F or above all year so I don't grow it.
    Mike

• Mentha
    14 years ago

Toni,
    It's "N'Joy" as in enjoy. I can't believe how quickly it has grown for you. I'm sure mine would grow quicker too if I watered it more. I have been looking for Pelargonium "Cody's Nutmeg" for years. I'm not sure if it is the same as the other nutmeg I see, it looks the same, but you never know. Cody is my eldest's name. I've also looked for "Charity" which is my cousin's name. They had pelargonium as the plant of the month at our local C&SS a few months ago, there is one that looks like a maidenhair fern! Such a lovely looking plant.

• birdsnblooms
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Mike, first, thanks,.Second, I had to look up, eriostemma, so I don't know if it's true or false..lol..
    Is eriostemma a family of plants similar/related to hoyas?

Mike, it's hard for me to let go of plants..But I understand you want hoyas that bloom. I feel the same with hoyas and African Violets. Then I start analizing, 'am I doing something wrong? Does it need more time? More or different fertilizer? Is it potted in proper soil?"

Another reason is, I love greenery, espeically living in IL where winters are drab and cold.
    Lately I've been hunting for variegated or, something-other-than-green foliage..even purple like Purple Passion. So, the hoyas I want either have colorful foliage or rare-shaped leaves..this way, even if they don't bloom, the color/shape is there..Make sense? :)

I think, when they mention temps, they're talking outside temps? No? This way, 'x' plant won't be gardened outdoors in places where winters drop under a certain temp. I could be wrong..75F outdoors differs from 75F indoors..Including fresh air, sun, humidity or lack of. I could be wrong, Mike..
    How many people keep their thermometers set at 75F? Their gas bill would be humongous..lol. I do NOT like the cold, but we don't keep our temps set at 75F. And think how dry the air would be if gas heat was set so high..Dry air isn't good for tropicals..not to mention an invite to pests. Mike, what I'm saying is only my opinion based on years of growing plants, and reading books. Thanks.

Mentha..As for watering, 99% of my plants are watered, only, when soil is completely dry. The NJoy has got one feeding with All Purpose and two dosses of Superthrive since it's now a member of my family. lol. It's in a north window..Surprise..I worried it'd burn in stronger sun, so set in the north with other Pothos.
    If you'd like, I'll help you look for the two Pels..Cody/Nutmeg and Charity. Pretty names..especially Charity.
    Does Accents have either? There's one other nursery, 'can't recall it's name but will ck,' that sells several Pels/Geraniums, plus a seller on Ebay who specializes in Pels, but I think he deals with fancy leaf types; I'll ck.
    Lucky you, a local C&S plant of the month club..How nice. Find anything unusual? Toni

• geosdee
    14 years ago

OK, I caved, I just ordered. I got variegated multiflora,
    Hoya Lanceolata Belle Variegated,Hoya Lancelata Bella. OK, I am being overrun by hoyas and I don't have that many. I need to get rid of my bathtub so I can have that corner for the hoyas when I need to bring them in. Don't need a tub anyway, I have a shower. LOL.

Dee

• birdsnblooms
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Dee, LOLOL..so ya caved in, huh? When we fall for a plant, plus go to a forum where everyone is talking about it, buying it is bound to happen..lol.
    Oh Lord, I told my dh we have to cut holes in the ceiling so tall plants dont brush against the ceiling, and you're removing your tub..lol..Showers are fine..Toni

• kellyknits
    14 years ago

Here's a link to the variegated multiflora - although it's labeled as white edged.

My variegated multiflora isn't doing so well....I seem to have a problem with multiflora and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong!

Kelly

• pirate_girl
    14 years ago

Hey Kelly,

Read around here on Multiflora if you need a refresher, but the short version is, this is a thirstier Hoya than most, doesn't care to be allowed to dry out. A pebble tray is a must for this plant.

Well Toni,

Let me 1st say Thank You & 2nd -- it's ALL your fault.

After all the nice things you said about dealing w/ this place, the prices, etc. I took a look & scooped up 5 Hoyas -- for $40.85 (included S&H). Unless the plants are tiny, this is quite the deal, shipping was a big $6.85 or so. I'm soooooo psyched, thank you very very much! I had not heard of these folks before; too good to pass up!

I started w/ Varieg Multiflora (it's on back order)

Variegated (Lanceolata) Bella

Cumingiana

Curtisii (have an old one, But it's small)

Indonesean (I think it's speckled Lacunosa)

I can't wait!!!!!!!!

• quinnfyre
    14 years ago

Ha ha ha. I actually managed to resist, for now (though I've still got my eye on that variegated multiflora and curtisii as well.) BUT I was not totally good... I up and ordered sp. Tanna Island from SRQ when I really really shouldn't have. I received it Monday after ordering it on Sat morning, and it is beautiful! I don't think I would've ordered it if I didn't have a raging case of the 'I want a new hoya' syndrome, so this post got me anyway, even if it wasn't the same place.

I need to stay away from this forum for a while, so as not to be tempted by more goodies, but I can't. Eeek.

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County