SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greentoe357

bugs on hoya compacta

greentoe357
9 years ago

ladyhawk_lmr writes in another thread (should have been a separate thread, so I am helping out):

Help needed for my hoya! Background-40 years old, in a terracotta 10 inch pot, terracotta saucer, garden window facing north(neighbor has white aluminum siding that reflects light) water every other week, has lots of vines and lots of peduncles about 11/2 inches long. Last fall I noticed a bunch of brown "specks" lying under the Lucite sheet lining my garden window. Upon further investigation I found them to be what I took to be dead baby spiders. They had gotten trapped under the Lucite and died. I took the plant outside and sprayed it down to hopefully wash out the "mama" spider. It did alright thru the winter and spring. The problem started again with the same brown "specks" about 6 weeks ago. I again washed it down. As the peduncles started to bloom I noticed that they were not opening all the way and they seemed to have a stickey substance coating them. Along with the stickey substance were lots of little while dots, kind of fuzzy. After looking on line for answers I think I might have spider mites. I've enclosed picturers of the white "fuzz" and a picture of the whole plant. So the question is, is it spider mites and if so what do I do to get rid of them. This plant means a great deal to me as it was a wedding gift to us 41 years ago! I really need to save it!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored