SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quinnfyre

I think Hoya linearis has decided to like it here

quinnfyre
14 years ago

I'm excited. I rooted cuttings of Hoya linearis in Hydroton, or at least, I was pretty sure I rooted them, since the leaves were staying green and I saw hints of roots clinging to the Hydroton at top. But now I see stems growing. Funny, though, they seem to be growing from well below the top line of Hydroton. Basically, I have a clear plastic cup filled with Hydroton up to about an inch from the top, and I keep about an inch or inch and a half of water at the bottom. The stems are coming up from midway down the cup. At first I couldn't decide what I thought they were, but they definitely look like stems now, with the little starts of leaves on one. Anyone else growing linearis in Hydroton in a clear container like this? If so, did you notice stems coming from midway down like this?

Anyway, I am happy it has decided to grow. I had an uh-oh moment when I received these cuttings as a surprise, because I thought it was going to be a quick death for them, as linearis seemed notorious for being difficult, plus I'm a relatively new Hoya grower. I'm definitely glad for the Search function on this forum that let me find that people were growing it successfully in Hydroton. Woo hoo!

Comments (4)

Sponsored