SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deeoliver_gw

Adams Farms - rose order suggestions

DeeOliver
19 years ago

I ran over to Adams Farms in Kingston today in a panic. My last rose order arrived, I had already dug the holes, and was ready to plant. Unfortunately the order wasn't what I expected - they were bands - teeny tiny little twigs which are not going to cut it in the front of my house where they were suppossed to go.

So, I decided to make a nursery run, to put something in those holes which I can change later - maybe. I'm mostly an OGR person so I walked past all the HT's on display - blooming away - because I know from experience I'd be throwing my money away - they just won't make it here except as annuals.

Searched and searched and finally picked up the Fairy, which is unkillable - for me, Ballerina, Sea Foam and a couple of Knock-Outs. Grabbed the garden manager and had another chat with him about why they don't have OGRS - which make more sense up here in zone 5. He said he'd be willing to order some, but wasn't clear about what they were, and also didn't know if his suppliers had any. They mainly order from Star and Weeks - and I know for a fact that Star has:

Gruss an Aachen

La Reine Victoria

Madame Hardy

Madame Isaac Periere

Madame Louis Leveque

Madame Louise Odier

Therese Bugnet

Zephirine Drouhin

If any one is interested - I going back to see him tomorrow.

Check the Star website, and look at the roses listed for zone 5. If you see something you like, want or need and live near Adams or shop there - I'll add it to the list I'm giving him.

Dee

Here is a link that might be useful: Star Roses

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner