SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
junelynnky

Hey Annie! You're a Double Blue Ribbon Winner!

junelynn
14 years ago

Annie's Salsa which I made in August, won a Blue Ribbon, and went on to win another Blue Ribbon for the TOP PICKLED FOODS. It beat out the other salsas, chow-chow, pickles, cucumbers, pickled fruits, pickled veggies, etc. Isn't that wonderful?! Accolades Annie!!! A DEEP BOW to you! (I hope it's OK that I hold the ribbons for you...)

You may recall my post about it being the first time I ever worked with jalapenos as I burned my fingers by not using gloves.....this was my 2nd batch and I did use gloves (used a mix of lime juice and vinegar on this batch vs. all vinegar by the way).

My Caramelized Red Onion Relish won a Blue Ribbon in the Pickled Foods group as well!

I just made it on a whim, late this summer!

No winners for the Roasted Tomatoe Garlic Soup, the Chunky Basil Tomato Sauce or the Ba-Da Bing Cherry Jam.

I'm so surprised as it's my first time ever entering something like this. I just want to give a sincere thanks to all you good folks for your patience, guidance and wonderful recipes! You are ALL as much a part of this as I am. Without you it would not have been possible.

Sincerely,

June Lynn

ANNIE'S SALSA

TOP AWARD WINNERS - The salsa is just to the right of the posted names in the front (small jar).

CARAMELIZED RED ONION RELISH (from Small Batch Preserving by Ellie Topp and Margaret Howard)

FAIR CANNING TABLES

FAIR CANNING TABLES

Comments (16)