SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
berrytea4me

What software do you use to track your dl?

berrytea4me
16 years ago

Just curious what software others are using to track their daylilies, their hybridizing crosses, and their auctions.

I've been building a daylily db using a simple list making program by Illium Software. I use it because it is very inexpensive, easy to build customized db's, and is compatible with both my pc and my pda so I can take it right out into the garden. Plus it's easy to convert the data for import/export to/from Excel, text editors, or other db's.

I have ~650 cultivars entered in and am about 1/2 way thru verifying the data from the AHS database for the cultivars entered. Actually I'm in various states of using the same tool to build db's for all my garden & houseplants: roses, perennials, hosta, annuals, fruits & veggies, trees & shrubs, ornamental grasses, peonies, etc.

I was thinking of using a geneology program like Family Tree Maker for tracking hybridizing but I've also seen a post with directions for making an html hybridizer's buddy that I like for the visuals.

what are you all using to stay organized? What do/don't you like the programs you use?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living