SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katlynn719

Are these DL's rust resistant?

15 years ago

While looking through Maryott's website, I found some daylilies that they described as rust resistant. Through an email, I learned that these descriptions were based on one of their customers experiences with these cultivars. If you've had rust in your garden and grow any of the following cultivars, I'd like to hear about your experience with the following:

CORTINA

SEA OF CORTEZ

SPACECOAST SEA SHELLS

MULBERRY CONNECTION

EXTRAVAGANT

MEET JOE BLACK

BECAUSE OF YOU

J. T. DAVIS

AWESOME BOB

WORLD PREMIERE

HOW SWEET IT IS

Have any of these shown rust resistance in your garden? I only have one - HOW SWEET IT IS. I planted it in Sept. 2007. I have noticed some rust postules on this DL, but no serious outbreaks. I just pull off the infected leaves around the bottom of the plant when I weed.

They also listed 5 DL's as "somewhat susceptible to rust" -

MICHAEL MILLER

SHORES OF TIME

TENNESSEE AFTERGLOW

VELVET EYES

VICTORIAN LACE

If you grow any in this group, would you agree that they tend to be rusty? I only grow one from this list - VICTORIAN LACE - and although it is a beauty, it is not increasing and is getting weak from repeated cut-backs and spraying. I will probably throw it out this year.

I thanked the Maryott's for this information (some info is better than none). But they did point out that this info was based on a sample of one. I'd appreciate any additional information/opinions you'd like to share.

Kathy

Comments (9)