SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
piri_gw

New gardener - need diagnosis (pics)

piri
15 years ago

Hi all!

I just started gardening in August and I'm having a blast, but my plants have been around my brown thumb long enough to show signs of trouble. I thought I could post some pics of afew problems I see and get advice on how to treat it.

All my plants that are in pots are in Al's mix and they get Foliage Pro micronutrients every 7-10 days.

So first is my Buddha's Hand. When I bought it some of the leaves looked dull instead of shiney. Those leaves have progressively gotten worse over time and now all of them are yellow and curling up. I saw a black beetle on the underside of one of the leaves one day, but other than that I haven't noticed any bugs.

{{gwi:959188}}
{{gwi:959190}}

Next is my Key Lime/Meyer Lemon. The leaves near the base of the plant are yellowing from the main vein out.

{{gwi:959192}}
{{gwi:959194}}

Then there's my rasberry. It continues to grow at the ends of the branches, but leaves near the middle of the plant yellow from the veins out and then curl up and die.

{{gwi:959196}}

{{gwi:10494}} Quickpost this image to Myspace, Digg, Facebook, and others!

My Crepe Jasmine (Florida Gardenia) gets these light spots in the leaves. They eventually turn brown and then rot through leavings holes in the leaves. The plant also is growing lanky instead of bushy, but that might be a light problem?

{{gwi:959199}}

And finally, I'm not sure what's growing in this pot. The tall thing on the left is a Mamey Sapote, the two things in the back are pepper plants, but I'm not sure what everything else is. They appear to all be the same kind. It could be an avocado, but there's 4 shoots total and I know I didn't plant 4 avocado seeds. I've tried sweetsop, avocado, mango, and rambutan. Does anyone recognize it? Thank you!

{{gwi:959201}}

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting