SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
denise_gw

A few observations...

Denise
13 years ago

I love this time of year when everything is changing so fast that you can hardly keep up! My obscura is pumping out blooms like crazy...

I think I mentioned in a post that I had to chop my large macgillivrayii completely down this spring. I think it must have been the roots because so far, there are no signs of life with the old "stump." But the ones I rooted and potted up first are putting out strong new growth. Here's one...

I love the new bronze leaves on McG...

I took callistrophylla down yesterday for it's weekly VF-11 bath and watering and found that the buds I'd found the week or so before had aborted =( But I did see some new buds forming in the same place, and as a bonus, I found this one particularly gigantic leaf that had apparently been an explosion of growth...

And one more... I didn't get a photo yet, but cagyensis is one I've had for over a year. It rooted quickly but has never done anything but sit there and taunt me with it's very cool leaves. Seems like the more I wanted it to grow and see more of the beautiful leaves, the more stubborn it got! Anyway, the three node cutting now has a growth point at ALL THREE nodes! I'm so excited! When the growth is more obvious, I'll post a photo.

Denise in Omaha

Comments (12)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio