SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flowerchild59_gw

New Creature Themed bed is finally getting done

flowerchild59
13 years ago

I have a pretty extensive collection of hostas that I have acquired over the past 15 years or so. I started making "theme" beds and organzing them into their themes. This week I am making the creature feature bed (bordering my chicken house) with things in there like golden spider, komoda dragon, dragon tails, sea octopus, white elephant, reptillian, sea monster, T rex, buzzard's bay, wolverine, rhino hide, etc. I even moved plants into there with the theme, so there is now toad lilies, and japanese maples like the lion head maple, and seiryu, which means green dragon.

Am I going over the top with theming, or just making it harder on me to make a new bed?

I moved halcyon into there because it is some sort of fabled bird that was in folklore a fabled bird, identified with the kingfisher, that was supposed to have had the power to calm the wind and the waves while it nested on the sea during the winter solstice.

I am trying to find themed hostas for that bed that isn't just solid colored and it is hard. Any other ideas for this new theme bed?

Comments (8)