SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wanna_run_faster

Upcoming Plant Shows / Sales

wanna_run_faster
16 years ago

I got the following information about some upcoming plant shows / sales from Gardino's website (www.rareflora.com):

The Pines Garden Show

Where: William B. Armstrong Dream Park - Pembroke Pines, FL

When: Saturday September 29, 2007 10:00 am - 4:00 pm (1 day only)

Phone: (954) 435- 6525

Fall Festival & Plant Sale at Tropiflora

Where: Tropiflora - Sarasota, FL

When: Friday October 5, 2007 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Saturday October 6, 2007 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Sunday October 7, 2007 8:00 am - 3:00 pm

Phone: (941) 351-2267

Admission: Free

USF Botanical Gardens 2007 Fall Plant Festival

Where: USF Botanical Gardens - Tampa, FL

When: Saturday October 13, 2007 10:00 am - 4:00 pm

Sunday October 14, 2007 10:00 am - 3:00 pm

Phone: (813) 974- 2329

Admission: $4 (adults) , Free (children under 12), Free parking

Broward County Plant Affair

Where: Plantation Heritage Park - Plantation, FL

When: Saturday October 20, 2007 9:00 am - 5:00 pm

Sunday October 21, 2007 9:00 am - 4:00 pm

Phone: (954) 797-2722 (Plantation Historical Museum)

Admission: $1.00 fee to enter the park

Munn Park Garden Etravaganza

Where: At Munn Park - Lakeland, FL

When: Saturday October 27, 2007 8:00 am - 3:00 pm (1 day only)

Phone: (863) 683-4743 (The Garden Club of Lakeland)

Southwest Florida Yard & Garden Show

Where: Naples, FL

When: Saturday October 27, 2007 9:00 am - 4:00 pm

Sunday October 28, 2007 10:00 am - 3:00 pm

Phone: (239) 353-4244 Collier County/ University of FL -IFAS Extension

The Friends Of Mounts Botanical Garden Fall Plant Sale

Where: Mounts Botanical Garden - West Palm Beach, FL

When: Saturday November 3, 2007 9:00 am - 5:00 pm

Sunday November 4, 2007 9:00 am - 4:00 pm

Phone: (561) 233-1778

Admission: $5.00 (adults) , Free (children under 9)

Flowering Tree & Plant Sale

Where: Boca Raton City Hall - Boca Raton, FL

When: Saturday November 10, 2007

Phone: (561) 338-5329 Tropical Flowering Tree Society of Palm Beach County

Heathcote Botanical Gardens 20th Annual Garden Festival

Where: Heathcote Botanical Gardens - Ft. Pierce, FL

When: Saturday November 17, 2007 9:00 am - 4:00 pm

Sunday November 18, 2007 9:00 am - 4:00 pm

Phone: (772) 464-4672

Admission: $6 (Adults) , $5 (seniors), $2 (children 6-12) , Free (children under 6)

Comments (36)

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Hey Lady, barbC, Naplesgardener, Jan1-I am lookin at that Naples Southwest Florida Yard & Garden Show. We should try to make this. I will try to get some more info. Anyone else know much about about it?

Thanks for the heads up Helen. BTW, One of your Plumies (I think the Pink-Orange one has inflos!!! I am so stoked. I will post some pics this week for you of your amazing Plumeria that you have shared with me. xoxo

• PRO
    Jan Sword-Rossman Realty 239-470-6061
    16 years ago

Hi Cindee, I was thinking about going to Naples Florida Yard & Garden Show.
    wanna run faster, thanks for posting info.

• Related Discussions

Upcoming shows near the L.A. area

Q

Comments (5)
    If only one the Intercity event would be the one to go to. 3 clubs in one show. Plants sales are great but get the early as all the good stuff is gone in the 1st hour.
    ...See More

+++Upcoming - Garden Walks, Shows, Sales +++

Q

Comments (3)
    Here are some that I have heard of: Daylily Garden Tour--tour gardens in Shelby Township, Rochester, West Bloomfield and other cities. 10:00 - 7:00 on July 9. www.daylilyclub.com Michigan Koi and Pond Club Tour Milford-Highland area. 10:00 - 5:00 on July 15. www.mkpc-se.com South Lyon Garden Tour 10:00 - 4:00 on July 15. 248-437-8751 Novi Garden Tour 10:00 to 4:00 on July 15. 248-348-1946. Hope this helps!
    ...See More

2 upcoming plant sales

Q

Comments (1)
    Did anyone get to the Master Gardener sale? I heard it was going to be huge, but I was stuck in an all-day training. What did you make away with and what were the prices like? Â Â
    ...See More

Upcoming Plant sales/swaps??

Q

Comments (6)
    Welcome, g-b. We usually post about swaps we hear about as well as when nurseries have sales. Do you have any Linders or other temporary garden centers (usually in grocery store parking lots) in your neck of the woods? They might have closed for the season by now though... I see you entered the plants you have to trade on your trade list. You can check other member's trade lists that post here, esp. if you know they live close to you. You can also search the trade lists to find who's got a specific plant you'd like: http://members2.gardenweb.com/members/exch-search.cgi. Then email 'em and suggest a trade. Congratulations on your new home and happy gardening!
    ...See More
  • kelpie473
    16 years ago

There's an Orchid & Plant Fair at Camp Lot-A-Noise Sept 29 and 30th in Sarasota. A "multi-vendor event" sponsored by the Gulfcoast Plumeria Society and 4H. Plumerias and orchids of course but not sure what else will be there.

Camp Lot-A-Noise Tropicals
    4084 47th St., Sarasota (exit 213 on I-75)
    9:00 - 4:00 Sat 9-29 and Sun 9:00 - 4:00

1. 351-2483
      Free admission
  • Lady
    16 years ago

Thanks Helen! I forgot the date of Mounts and didn't get the day off. Gotta figure that one out.

Cindee I'm game if you guys want to go on Sunday. I'll be slaving away on Sat.

Camp lot of Noise hmm would like to go to that one. I imagine all the cool orchids will be long gone by Sunday though.

• wanna_run_faster
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Cindee,

My little seedlings are now about 6 feet tall. Quite a few did end up being rainbows but the last 2 to bloom where white with yellow eyes. I couldn't really detect a scent... :( And wouldn't you know? I planted them side by side! I'm planning on pulling them out or chopping them up and bringing them to one of the swaps to make room for some of the new babies I've got going. Maybe Tropicalfreaks Miami Rose if the inflo ever opens up!

• AmberSky
    16 years ago

I'll be at the USF sale, and hopefully the Tropiflora, and Sarasota Camp Lot-A-Noise sales.

• butterflygardener
    16 years ago

Everything Orchids" Plant Sale
    September 15 - 16, 2007 (10 a.m - 4 p.m.) More information: 561-233-1757
    Our Everything Orchids weekend event fills an end of summer gap in local orchid
    activities. A select number of top orchid growers, artists, and craftspeople
    share their knowledge and passion of orchids with us. Fun and informative
    lectures on topics such as Basic Orchid Care, Mounting Orchids & Care of
    Cattleyas will be featured in our Exhibit Halls. Each of our vendors will
    create magnificent tabletop arrangements that will be auctioned off to the
    highest bidder to benefit the Garden.
    Cost: members free; non-members $5.00 Location: Garden

Here is a link that might be useful: Mounts webpage

• barbcoleus
    16 years ago

Why are some of my posts not showing. Jan, Cindee, Lady, I'd love to go to the Naples Yard and Garden Show with you. Saturday or SUnday is fine with me. Maybe we can find out what's going to be there.
    Barb

• PRO
    16 years ago

Hi Barb, 30-35 vendors will be there at the Naples yard & garden show. Orchids, tropicals, Bromiliads plus more. Admission $3.00(Adults)

• barbcoleus
    16 years ago

Hi Jan, Sign me up!!!

• growgrow
    16 years ago

Hi Robin,
    I am looking up Ricky's swap and it is the 4th of November, 3rd is the Mounts botanical sale. If you get Saturday off, you are welcomed to spend the night at my place (I live in Boynton Beach, on the way from Mounts to Ricky) and go to Ricky's next day.
    Veronika
    email me at:vdolezalovaATbellsouthDOTnet

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Jan and Barb...which day do you want to go? Where should we meet up? Sounds really cool.

• PRO
    16 years ago

I would like to go Saturday if it's ok with everyone.

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Jan, works for me. Should we meet somewhere for breakfast, perhaps?

• barbcoleus
    16 years ago

Cindee and Jan-Saturday sounds great and so does breakfast
    Barb

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Whoo Hoo! Girls-on-the-road!

• Lady
    16 years ago

Cindee, Barb and Jan Saturday is out for me, no way to get the day off as it is already spoken for. If you change your mind and go on Sunday let me know.

Veronika I am working on it, thanks so much for the offer. Will email you after my vacation.

• cindeea
    16 years ago

I have no problem changing it to Sunday, Lady, what do you say Jan and Barb?? I really have no preference. Perhaps Denise will be back from taking her tomatoes on vacation and can join us.

• barbcoleus
    16 years ago

I don't have any problem with either day.

• tropicalfreak
    16 years ago

Thanks for the info Helen.

Oh, I will be at Veronika's if you still have that stuff for me? Unless you would rather me come by and do the digging??

Let me know when your schedule is best.

Cliff

• PRO
    16 years ago

OK Saturday it is.

• PRO
    16 years ago

OOOPs Sunday it is. Forget the previous post, that was just a duh moment!

• Lady
    16 years ago

I'll put Sunday on my calander, thanks ladies it sounds like fun.

• bihai
    16 years ago

How does the sale at USF in October compare with the one they had in June?
    Larger, smaller?

• AmberSky
    16 years ago

Smaller, but only by a little bit. It's more likely to get rain, but it's usually cooler than the Spring Fling. It usually gets more plant fanatics, and fewer of the people who just got a house and want a bunch of stuff to throw in the yard.

• wanna_run_faster
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I just saw the members plant list posted online for the Fairchild Members sale in November. It's the same date as Mounts (again!) so I am just glad there is nothing that I (really really really) want listed cause I have my heart set on going to MOunts again and getting the huge vandas I only looked at last time and maybe a jacabotica and a cherry of the rio grande and a.......you know this list can go on and on. LOL

• joel_morningstar
    16 years ago

If you haven't, check out:
    Searle Bros.Fall Extravaganza
    Oct.5-7th, 2007
    6640 SW 172nd Ave
    SW Ranches, FL
    954-434-7681
    (off Griffin, West of Davie)
    Usually has another sale in the spring too.
    I always find a surprise or two there.

• wanna_run_faster
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I saw this in the paper...

It's a fundraiser for Moringa Garden Circle Club, the items come from Pine Island Nursery. Prices are cheaper than retail plus you get a 5% discount if you order early.

Order deadline is October 24, pick-up date is November 3.

http://www.moringagardencircle.org/events.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Moringa Garden Circle Tropical Tree Sale

• gcmastiffs
    16 years ago

WRF, that is a pretty good sale! Around $4 off each 3 gallon size plant, and no shipping!

Is anyone going? Anyone want to place an order early for the extra 5% off? Who can pick them up Saturday AM, Nov. 3rd? I can't pick them up since I work Saturdays.

Is anyone in the Ft. Lauderdale area going, that is also going to Ricky's swap? Maybe they could transport extra plants?

I know some of you were thing about getting Jakfruit, Condo Mangos, Longans, Lychees, Barbabos Cherries, and Jaboticabas- well here is a chance to get well-grown trees cheap!

Lisa

• bihai
    16 years ago

If anyone is planning to go to the USF sale in Tampa, I have about a 3 ft cutting of Plumeria pudica Bridal Bouquet I can bring to trade. I was working in the greenhouse and it broke when I backed my big booty into it, LOL. Just email me through here

• olyagrove
    16 years ago

How does the sale at USF in October compare with the one they had in June? Larger, smaller?

According to people at the gardens, the fall one coming up will be the largest they have had so far, since they have never had 60 vendors at the same time before...:)
    Olya

• wanna_run_faster
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Lisa,

I've all ready placed an order so I'll be there Saturday or Friday (if they let me!). I will most likely be at Ricky's so I'd be happy to pick up a few plants and bring them to there. As long as everything fits in my mid-size SUV!

I'm still debating if I should order more and request stuff that isn't on the "list". But on the other hand...I'm trying to save some money for Mounts which is the same day. Like I need more plants but I have to go back and get some vanda's and a michelia champagna (orange, not the alba that Moringa has...which IS a great price cause I paid like $50 for my alba last year at Mounts, and some vendors where asking closer to $75!)

• gcmastiffs
    16 years ago

WRF, how big *is* your SUV? Can you fit in another 6 plants for me? I'll refrain from ordering any 6-footers(G).

Can we order items not on the "list?"

I'll be happy to pay you for your trouble and for gasoline.

Lisa

• wanna_run_faster
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Lisa,
    I have a Toyota Highlander, I can fold down the 2nd row of seats so I could probably fit in one or two 6-footers, along with other goodies (G). I'm going to try and call Rose tomorrow and see what she says about "not on the list" items. It's no problem...I'm going anyway so don't even think about it.

Anyone else want anything? :)

TTYS
    Helen

• wanna_run_faster
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Spring update from Gardino's website:

31st Annual Redland Festival
    Where: Fruit & Spice Park - Homestead, FL
    When: Saturday January 12th, 2008 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
    Sunday January 13th, 2008 10:00 am -
    Phone: (305) 247-5727
    E-mail: fsp@miamidade.gov

2008 FFGC 52nd Annual Tropical Short Course
    Where: Embassy Suites Hotel - Boca Raton, FL
    When: Monday January 21st, 2008 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
    Tuesday January 22nd, 2008 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
    Phone: (772) 286- 0507 for info and registration
    Some of the speakers are: Gene Joyner (Tropical Flowering Trees), Rufino Osorio (Native Plants), Gail Miller (Orchid tips of the trade), Dr. Kimberly Moore Phd (Designing your garden), Claudia Bates (Wild about Flowers)

Gardenfest by Garden Club of Indian River County
    Where: Under the oaks in Riverside Park - Verobeach, FL
    When: Saturday February 2nd, 2008 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
    Sunday February 2rd, 2008 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
    Phone: (772) 567-4602

45th Annual Coconut Grove Art Festival
    Where: Coconut Grove, FL - Miami area
    When: Saturday February 16th, 2008 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
    Sunday February 17th, 2008 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
    Monday February 18th, 2008 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
    Admission: $5 adults, children 12 and under free

Pine Island Garden Club Plant Sale
    Where: Pine Island, FL
    When: Saturday February 23, 2008 9:00 am - 4:00 pm one day only
    Phone: (239) 283-4607
    E-mail: csharples@att.net

And from a Flamingo Gardens email:

Vendor Opportunities for Spring Garden Shows
    Flamingo
    Gardens & Wildlife Sanctuary seeks vendors for the Spring Garden Event, March 8&9, and Orchid/Bromeliad Show, March 22&23. Garden Event features everything for the yard and garden, for the Orchid/Bromelid Show only those plants and related supplies and items including arts and crafts. 3750 S Flamingo Road, Davie. Information and applications available at http://www.flamingogardens.org/events.htm, flamingoelk@hotmail.com, or 954-473-2955x34.

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Hmmm I may have to check out the Pine Island sale in Feb. thanks Helen!