SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

OT: Scenes from the NorEaster & bored kitties

celeste/NH
12 years ago

I was up bright and early this morning because the house was cold, having lost power overnight. It was restored fairly quickly so I was lucky. (Mom is 88 and frail and today I had my grandson so I didn't want a cold house).

It snowed heavily all night. When I went to bed there was about a foot out there around midnight. This morning there was 22 inches! Apparently those of us at higher elevations got the jackpot amounts. It was actually very pretty with the colored leaves on the trees so I took a bunch of pictures to share. I'm used to lots of snow but this was the first having this much so early.

Come along with me on my photo tour.....(you don't have to step in it or shovel it...LOL)

Celeste

Here's ZEUS looking out the window last night, watching the snow fly...

this is what I woke up to bright and early.....the sun was just coming up

NEMO and ZEUS, looking incredulously at all that snow piled up against the open door & realizing they'd rather stay inside...haha

look at how pretty the tree is with the snow against the red leaves....

The snow on the porch railing....there was more but the wind was blowing it off

There is a CAR under there somewhere and look at how much snow is on the well....

My hubby (known today as Mr. Grumpypants) trying to snowblow through a ton of heavy, wet snow....

There are stairs leading up to the deck buried under the snow....

Now on to the gardens....

Looking through my rose arbor toward the gardens...

what? you can't see any plants? They're there hiding under there somewhere

Rose garden and clematis arch, buried alive

another clematis arch

The ever-wondrous 'Larissa' who refuses to go quietly....

The woods...(look at the snow atop the little birdhouse on the tree)

LILY napping through the storm. She wasn't feeling well the past few days and I thought I was losing her. (She's 13 y.o. and was having trouble walking but she looks better tonight).

Connor was an infant last winter so this was his first experience with snow...

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!